Anyone Have Issues with Synergy TB Sector Shaft Brace Bushing?

SRQgunner

I was convinced I was going to purchase a synergy track bar in sector breeze. I am reconsidering

Following several Facebook groups it was reported people were having issues with the bronze / brass bushing rotating or spinning. And this caused the inability to properly grease the bushing because the hole from the zerk fitting through the bushing was not lined up that's causing additional issues. Serval posts showing people "pinning" or adding a set screw through the bracket so it does not rotate or spin. Other press the busing out add red loctite and press back in .

I can't justify spending $250 on a new part only to have to modify it myself?

Before I totally give up has anyone has this experience with the Synergy TB sector shaft brace?

drhcobra

I was convinced I was going to purchase a synergy track bar in sector breeze. I am reconsidering

Following several Facebook groups it was reported people were having issues with the bronze / brass bushing rotating or spinning. And this caused the inability to properly grease the bushing because the hole from the zerk fitting through the bushing was not lined up that's causing additional issues. Serval posts showing people "pinning" or adding a set screw through the bracket so it does not rotate or spin. Other press the busing out add red loctite and press back in .

I can't justify spending $250 on a new part only to have to modify it myself?

Before I totally give up has anyone has this experience with the Synergy TB sector shaft brace?

I have not had any issues with the bushing spinning. However the grease zerk that came with it did not take grease. I replaced it and everything is fine. It is also important that you tighten everything in correct order so nothing is binding. If you do get one I would check the grease zerk before you install and you could try some loctite for assembled part in the bushing as a precaution. Or call synergy and address your concerns with them first.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it's posted up on FB, it must be true for everyone. :rolleyes2:

As others have mentioned, I haven't had any problems with mine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've talked to Synergy about this and for people having issues, you can contact them and they'll help you out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
According to Fakebook, people say differently. Lol
A bunch of whining babies. They probably spent more time wiping their baby tears than worrying about real issues in life.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

For the love of god, I so hate FB :rolleyes2:
If people would stop behaving like little internet bitches, they might find that people are all to eager to help out.

Seriously, I spoke with Dave directly about this to see what's up. He told me that they have a fix for people with this problem and are more than happy to help.

Jeeeep

this reminds me.. I should probably give the SB i have installed a shot of grease, haven't done this since installing it...hmmm... been a while :doh:

klastinger

Mine was not aligned either. They are shipping me a new piece. Took mine off to get a new steering box installed under the TSB and realized it was getting no grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro