New guy checking in

xaugievike

Good afternoon all - new guy checking in from the Chicagoland area.

Picked up my 2020 Rubicon a couple weeks back. Been driving diesel trucks for a long time to tow our RV, but the recent one got sick and had to be put down. We found a permanent spot for our RV a few years back and hadn't been traveling like we once did anyway. Started out by looking at half-ton trucks, but after a couple of annoying dealer experiences I had a bit of a lark and decided to go outside my box and eventually the Jeep became my vehicle solution.

Been learning a lot as a lurker for a bit and on the YouTube channel as well. Mods are so cool and overwhelming! My current hangups are on sliders and roof racks. LOD signature vs Smittybilt Apollo's (LOD is leader in the clubhouse). Also debating a Gobi vs rhino rack for that solution - but I need to probe how I really intend to use that more.

Thanks for the knowledge so far, and hope I can eventually contribute to the group.jeep1.jpg

Welcome!

For the first time in Jeep's history you have a pretty good slider right from the factory. FCA has brought us some really great firsts - 4 doors, a pickup, and these sliders on the Rubi instead of that giant plastic sidestep. That allows you to place focus on more important and immediate upgrades like skid plates to protect the vulnerable underside of that new ride. You know diff covers and the like.

Unless you're confusing sliders for sidesteps? And those things are boat anchors in Moab. They aren't intended for rock-crawling because they hang you up on everything.

Anyway, welcome. And that is one sweet looking brand new canvas you have to work on.

BTW, where did the Rubi sticker go on the hood? And the Jeep logo on the side?