Lift Kit Advice

ddays v2

I am wanting to lift my JLUR but I cannot decide between the ranch 2.5" kit or the dynatrac 2". Hoping someone here can help me decide. My jeep is my daily so I don't want a really rough ride.

Sent from my SM-G981U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Can't speak on the Rancho kit but I just put the Dynatrac lift on mine a couple weeks ago. So far so good. This is my DD as well. Ride and handling are great. Will test it out offroad on our trip to Moab & Colorado in a couple weeks.

One thing I'd recommend is to throw the Synergy TB & sector brace on at the same time.

Spack

Same as Ddays. Put dyna on my rubi about a month ago with stt pros. It’s my daily as well. Can’t say anything nice about the gas mileage, but handles on road really well and the same on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Tubbydude

Sorry, dropped the phone.[emoji15][emoji23][emoji23] I have the Dynatrac 2” kit and have 37’s. Also, my daily driver. Had it for 2 yrs and still rides great. Ordered the Synergy track bar, sector shaft brace and Fox steering stabilizer but haven’t put them on yet.

BBDOC

I also have had it for ~2 years. I have really enjoyed my Dynatrac lift. I had 35’s initially and the last 8k with 37’s. Have all Yeti steering and synergy TB and sector shaft brace. I also have icon extended bump stops for the 37’s and a 1/2 teraflex spacer in the front. I have had no problems on the street as a daily driver and it works really well off road.
I have almost 50k miles now and would absolutely recommend the Dynatrac lift. IMG_6942.JPG

ddays v2

As others have noted, get ready for your mileage to suck balls if you go to 37's. On the other hand the smiles per gallon go way up so there's that :idontknow:

camashutchins

What’s up with the Mopar lift? Was planning on using that until warranty is up...

I really felt it is an incomplete kit. I ended up purchasing a rear track bar replicator and and adjustable front track bar to center the axles. Then I also ended up ditching the lower control arms for adjustable RK arms so that I could get the caster it needed to drive better on the highway. Other than that it is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coderedh

I really felt it is an incomplete kit. I ended up purchasing a rear track bar replicator and and adjustable front track bar to center the axles. Then I also ended up ditching the lower control arms for adjustable RK arms so that I could get the caster it needed to drive better on the highway. Other than that it is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already planned on adjustable track bars. We’ll see how it does on the road before I go with adjustable control arms. Dealer already said they would put on the RK correction pads for the front springs. It’s a work in progress... I mean a Jeep!:rock:

Dale72

Caught the Bug
That’s why I am having the dealership service department do the install... Mopar part dealer installed they can’t say no warranty!
It doesn't matter if the dealer does the installation or not. I know a couple of people who have bought brand new jeeps that the dealer put lift and tires on it before they put it on the lot and Jeed would not warranty anything on the jeep

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

It doesn't matter if the dealer does the installation or not. I know a couple of people who have bought brand new jeeps that the dealer put lift and tires on it before they put it on the lot and Jeed would not warranty anything on the jeep

Not all dealerships are the same. They need to find another one that will help them out. I have a 2” Dynatrac lift with 1/2” coil spacers, all new steering components, skid plates control arms and never had an issue with warranty work.

Tidbit: Don’t buy from a dealership that tells you there is no discounts for the military.

Last edited:

Jetboy

As for warranties, it is true that any dealer can agree or not agree to cover anything not mopar. They can also black list your Jeep for future claims, at any dealer. Like if you take it in for service and it has a turbo.... they can document it for the future. But also there is a FCA claims inspector that has to approve if your jeep needs big $ items. They are not employed by the dealer. A very good dealer can even tell you. “Hey bud if you really think it’s the transmission, fad, or transfer case don’t bring it in here with those 40s. FCA won’t let us claim it”

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Dale72

Caught the Bug
Not all dealerships are the same. They need to find another one that will help them out. I have a 2” Dynatrac lift with 1/2” coil spacers, all new steering components, skid plates control arms and never had an issue with warranty work.

Tidbit: Don’t buy from a dealership that tells you there is no discounts for the military.

I said some dealers wouldn't in a couple posts back

Dale72

Caught the Bug

I do agree. But all 3 of the jeep dealerships in my area are owned by the same person