Jeep wave from Hilton Head Island

HHIJL

Hello from Hilton Head Island. Our Jeep is a 2020 JLU Willys in Bikini Pearl with the 2.0L turbo/hybrid engine combo and is loaded with everything available on the Willys. I installed a Teraflex ST2 lift kit, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 35x12.50R17's mounted on 17x9 -12 offset Dirty Life bead lock wheels. Our previous Jeep was a 2017 JKU that we ordered the exact way my wife wanted it, we traded it on the 2020 JL. Here on the Island there are always lots of jeeps running around and Nine Line apparel is 35 miles away from us and they have regular jeep get togethers.
My wife and I both work for Hilton Head Island Fire Rescue, she is a Fire Inspector and I am over the Fleet Maintenance division.
Just wanted to introduce ourselves. 20200714_202256.jpg20200714_202436.jpg20200714_202317.jpg

Last edited:

gravydb

That is one fine looking Jeep!

We chatted recently on this forum. I’m the one that lives just off the island. Our mailing address is HHI but we’re actually just barely across the bridge on the right hand side. Anyways, like I said before, I’ll keep an eye out for you and that amazing looking Willys. My Jeep is a 2018 JLUS in granite which I just bought a few weeks ago (the long distance purchase!).

See you round! Hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HHIJL

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
gravydb, I've been on the look out for your JL, but the one or two I have seen like yours have had hard tops and yours is a soft top.
We might ride out to USCB for Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, there is usually a hand full of jeeps that come out.

gravydb

Is that every Saturday? Where exactly? I haven’t heard of that meetup but then again I am new to Jeep things :)

I almost thought I saw you today on the island near Squire Pope but it was a 2-door with a chrome grille. Have you seen that one around? It’s pretty sweet looking.

I will keep keeping a lookout for ya! :)

HHIJL

Cars and Coffee is usually the 3rd Saturday of each month, from 8-11:00am. They have it at the USC Bluffton campus parking lot, the first entrance past Sun City stop light. Usual has around 150 cars show up, usually has 10-15 jeeps and 4x4's show up, really nice restored mid 70's Bronco and Chevy Blazer show up pretty regularly also.

Hey! Welcome!

My mom ordered a Willys and the salesman told her it had $10k worth of add-ons built into it. He told her it was basically a Rubicon. Can you tell me what the difference is between yours and mine is? Mine is a 2020 RUBI. I look at hers and see smaller tires - but the addition of some stickers. Oh, and you've some really badass paint. No kidding - your paint is badass. It changes hue depending on the light. THAT is cool by anybody's definition!

All things considered, you picked a very cool color, brother!!!!!! No matter what you do to this Jeep in the future, you will always have that.

Last edited:

HHIJL

The Willys comes with Moab black wheels and 32" Firestone Destination Mud tires, has Rubicon front and rear shocks, a limited slip rear axle and Rubicon rock rails. There are two Willys, the higher priced Willys edition comes with LED headlamps, fog lamps, and tail lamps. The lower priced Willys is a Sport with Willys decals, Moab wheels, Firestone Tires and Rubicon shocks.
Mine is the Higher Willys edition, I went with the Willys over the Rubicon because of the price difference, over 10 grand. I knew I could sell the Moab wheels and Firestones for a good price to help pay for my new tires and wheels. Mine has the rear limited slip D44 axle which was good enough for me, the Rubicon has electronic locker front and rear D44 axles, plus front sway bar disconnect.
I would have liked to have bought a Rubicon but then I would not have been able to afford to do any mods. The Willys had what I wanted and I can afford to mod it. So far I have Teraflex 2.5 lift kit which actual gave 3.5 lift, Teraflex Alpine lower control arms, Mickey Thompson 35x12.50R17 Baja ATZ P3 mounted on Dirty Life 17x9 Beadlock wheels.
Next on my list are Falcon 3.3 shocks and Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer.
My stock Moab wheels and Firestone Destination M/T tires, I was able to sell them for $1200.

Last edited:

gravydb

I am still keeping an eye out for you. And I have had a few false alarms when I see that Bikini color coming my way - what a breath-taking color it is. Seriously...

I'll be on/off the island ALOT this week so hopefully I will see you soon :)

HHIJL

Gravydb,

Every time I see a grey Sahara JL I look to see if it has a soft, it's been crazy, there have been 100's of Jeeps on the Island the last 2 months.

The Willys comes with Moab black wheels and 32" Firestone Destination Mud tires, has Rubicon front and rear shocks, and a limited slip rear axle. There are two Willys, the higher priced Willys edition comes with LED headlamps, fog lamps, and tail lamps. The lower priced Willys is a Sport with Willys decals, Moab wheels, Firestone Tires and Rubicon shocks.
Mine is the Higher Willys edition, I went with the Willys over the Rubicon because of the price difference, over 10 grand. I knew I could sell the Moab wheels and Firestones for a good price to help pay for my new tires and wheels. Mine has the rear limited slip D44 axle which was good enough for me, the Rubicon has electronic locker front and rear D44 axles, plus front sway bar disconnect.
I would have liked to have bought a Rubicon but then I would not have been able to afford to do any mods. The Willys had what I wanted and I can afford to mod it. So far I have Teraflex 2.5 lift kit which actual gave 3.5 lift, Teraflex Alpine lower control arms, Mickey Thompson 35x12.50R17 Baja ATZ P3 mounted on Dirty Life 17x9 Beadlock wheels.
Next on my list are Falcon 3.3 shocks and Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer.
My stock Moab wheels and Firestone Destination M/T tires, I was able to sell them for $1200.

Thanks for the run down! You really did well on that sale - your stock rims/tires. I'm going to sell my stock Rubi wheels and tires as well. It'll help offset the cost of the mods.

gravydb

Keith, did I see you on Cordillo Road today? Around 4:30pm ish? I always see a ton of Jeeps when I’m out and about but this afternoon was a banner day, I lost track of how many I saw! It was fantastic. But anyway I saw a Bikini Pearl with a black grill on Cordillo and whoever was driving waved back. I’m hoping it was you?