6.4-liter V-8 JL Wrangler Rubicon 392 - How much would you be willing to spend?

Sprout

I'd buy it. This announcement had me pretty excited. My next Wrangler, I was thinking either the Eco-diesel, but then the 392 was announced. I'd be willing to pay a couple grand over the $4000 option the diesel cost.

SLO

I’d sell my JK and my JL and get the 392. After all the issues, headaches and minor annoyances I have had with my LS swap, having something that’s fitted from the factory sounds so nice. And, having a good 8-speed transmission along with it...I’d pay just about anything. I’m guessing it will be $65K for a well equipped Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

And it's here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-specs-revealed/

I have mixed feelings. Obviously, the V8 is amazing. It seems like it's got enough lift to go right to 37's with no changes to the suspension. I wonder if those paddle shifters will be useful when crawling.

I'm bummed about the full-time 4wd. Conventional offroading knowledge has always told me to avoid CV axles. Can anyone confirm or deny this inclination?

I'm probably not going to be able get a first-year model (new, at least), but I'm glad they are offering the Sarge green.

It has so many standard options that I would never pick. I'm hoping they will give us the choice to delete some of them. With all those standard options, the price has to be AT LEAST 60k, probably closer to 70k.

Sent from my SM-N970U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
It's cool that they finally did it and I do hope they do it on the JT platform as well. Of course if they do, I'll have some regret for not waiting to purchase, but at the same time, I am so so happy with the 3.6 Auto power train as it is.

MrGiant

Inspite of all this eco discussion and certain fridays I love THAT it is an open body with V8 again. I am a huge V8 fan but the price will be too much for me - and I am very happy with my 3.6, plenty of power, good sound IMO that makes me like hitting the gas...even these 285 horses are overpowered for the crowded streets here.
But I am very happy for anyone who gets one, have fun!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Paddle shifter in a Jeep...WTF. Who cares about 0-60 times in a Fn Jeep. Keep the using V6 platform and make the suspension better. Get rid of Aluminum knuckles and the shit steering box. Beef up the suspension mounts and thicken the frame a little. Jeepers don't need all the electronic bs that limits and can actually shut the vehicle down when there is a glitch. Get rid of the FAD. Bring back locking hubs. Put the sb disconnect up higher. Make it so rear lockers come on in 2H without fucking Tazer. Make all lockers work in 4H. Weld shit better! Change the front door plug for removing doors that the pins fucking bend if you look at them wrong.

Wideglide10

Just found out I was given an allocation. I wrote an email to Jeep and was notified they added the allocation to the dealer and to call up and place my order. I can’t believe it worked, but glad it did. Now what color?

JTCO

Meme King
Just found out I was given an allocation. I wrote an email to Jeep and was notified they added the allocation to the dealer and to call up and place my order. I can’t believe it worked, but glad it did. Now what color?

Congrats. Are they even naming colors yet for the 392? Will they be the same as the other JLs? I saw that they're offering chief blue now for the JL too.