Jeep Wave from Mojave Desert

BouJee'

Hello From Barstow Ca. Got my first Jeep about 6 weeks ago, a 2020 JLUR named BouJee' .Two weeks later picked up a TJ off my Brother In-Law. Wife named her Wratchet. Haven't been able to fall asleep at night ever since...just thinking about Jeep. Thanks for having me. I hope to learn all I can on this board about tech stuff. Was thinking I'd like to lift a couple inches for 35s but the Unlimiteds just look at home on 37s so everything I can learn about both options is my goal here. Feel free to though info at me and hope to run into some of you all on the trails. [emoji870]20200704_132406.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

BouJee'

Welcome to JLWrangler! Nice looking rig. What is that hanging from the door? Mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Lol yes, I bought a set of mirrors for my Harley and the right side glass popped out on the first start up so the left one now belongs to the Jeep. It threads right into the existing cowl cover with a rubber grommet spacer laying around the shop. I'll get a better set-up going later but for now it allowed for me to run around naked. I learned I probably want seat covers with how dusty everything got.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Welcome to the forum Boujee'. What to step into the Jeep game. Have fun learning all things Jeep from the forum and be safe.

Welcome!

You know you need no lift at all on that Rubi for 35s - it's all set from the factory to run 'em right away with 0" lift. It will actually run 37s too - but don't expect flex out of it with 37s - that's more of a mall crawler mod, if I'm honest. If you want to run Hell's Revenge in Moab on a stock 2020 Rubi and 37s, that rubber will eat your fenders. Stick to Fins-n-Things. Well, maybe that trail will eat your fenders too. No, just cruise the mall on 37s and you'll be fine. I actually fit 37s on my 2020 Rubi just to see if they fit factory w/o lift and they do even with the obtrusive inner fenders. But plenty of rub without bump stops or lift & bump stops with flex.

Make sure you learn backspacing so you can make your own rim decisions instead of relying on the advice of anyone else. Trust me, this will serve you well when you visit local vendors!!!!!! Or, you can always ask someone at DISCOUNT TIRE. BUT, if you want to school yourself, look at the diagram I've added and put that to practical use by applying it to any ol' rim you find lying around. If you don't have a rim lying around then take the tire off your spare - trust me, the lessons you learn will far outweigh the pain in your ass having to remount this spare.

So you have a rim and the diagram - get to work. Measure from the bead to the inside of the rim. That is backspacing at its very simplest form. No more complicated than that. This is one of the most misunderstood aspects of Jeeper offroading there is. Next to gear ratios, what to carry in your toolbox, and how to use a twin-stick transfer case. But you, my friend, have arrived at the perfect destination for the answers to these questions - this forum.

As far as that TJ goes, that is a Pandora's Box! Just ask anyone here; we were all bitten by that bug at one time. Touch one thing on that rig and you will be forever in debt to Rusty's, Teraflex, Quadratec, MetalCloak or whomever you decide to get into bed with.

Again, welcome and congrats on that beautiful JL ride!

Attachments

• wheel_diagram.jpg
    wheel_diagram.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: