KMC Machete Crawl Beadlock Gap: Between Ring and Wheel - Normal?

Choyota

Have the KMC Machete Crawls + Maxxis RAZR MT in 35s. Mounted the wheels to the tires for the first time earlier today.

Tightened/torqued the ring down to spec and still have a gap. However, not sure how comfortable I am "torquing" something down when metal surfaces don't touch each other.

KMC doesn't offer spacers/shims at this time.

Would you guys run this, heavy offroading, with this gap? See the picture.

D05905B9-C5B7-4710-9CEE-A32C80D33C3D.JPG

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have the KMC Machete Crawls + Maxxis RAZR MT in 35s. Mounted the wheels to the tires for the first time earlier today.

Tightened/torqued the ring down to spec and still have a gap. However, not sure how comfortable I am "torquing" something down when metal surfaces don't touch each other.

KMC doesn't offer spacers/shims at this time.

Would you guys run this, heavy offroading, with this gap? See the picture.

View attachment 15825

Let the bead settle and get squished then recheck torque. After some time you will get them down to touching

ddays v2

Did you use any kind of lube on the tires? Like Cozdude says - they should touch and leave no gap. the lube (soapy water is fine) helps it squish together.

Choyota

Spacers

Did you use any kind of lube on the tires? Like Cozdude says - they should touch and leave no gap. the lube (soapy water is fine) helps it squish together.

Now I found out they have spacers. Took some haggling but managed to find a few. Thanks guys!