Hello from Hilton Head SC

gravydb

Hello everybody! My name is Dave. Newbie Jeep owner here! Thought you might like to hear my Jeep backstory. I am new to the Hilton Head area, it is a much more ‘outdoorsy’ area than PA where we’re originally from. Our son got his drivers license recently and we decided to give him my old Subaru, which means I need a vehicle! So I started looking around, my 13 yr old daughter joined in the search, and we quickly decided on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. After a bit of a learning curve we figured out the specifics: we want a Sahara, soft top, automatic so the wife can drive it, etc etc. Pre-owned is ideal, as long as it’s the newer JL model. Well, apparently our preferences were SO specific, we had to keep expanding our search area until we found THE ONE, in Baltimore MD! That’s over 600 miles away! But it was so perfect and the price was right, so we jumped on it, thinking we’d figure out a way to get it home. Easier said than done. I started looking at delivery services and was quickly overwhelmed. Eventually realized, for a reputable delivery service, I’d be looking at several hundred dollars, with no guarantee when I would actually get the Jeep. It’s not a dedicated driver/truck, they do it in short legs, the vehicle would be sitting at various depots all the way down the coast. No thanks. Then I had an idea. On a whim, I looked at airfare, one way, Savannah to Baltimore. I couldn’t believe my eyes: $35. I bought two, so that my daughter (who was heavily invested in this project) and I could fly up and drive the Jeep home! It was fantastic! I had to fill up the tank one time. So I estimate the total cost was roughly $100, and we had a great time. What a great experience. Here’s a pic of us picking up the Jeep at the dealership. 2018 Sahara JL!
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Glad to hear you were able to get the Jeep that you wanted.

HHIJL

Awesome story! We live on Hilton Head also, my wife and I both work for Hilton Head Fire Rescue. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU Willys in Bikini Pearl color, you can't miss it between the color and the big 35's. If you see us around the Island please say hello, hopefully will be able to have the Jeep Island event in October this year.

Keith

gravydb

Awesome story! We live on Hilton Head also, my wife and I both work for Hilton Head Fire Rescue. We have a 2020 Jeep JLU Willys in Bikini Pearl color, you can't miss it between the color and the big 35's. If you see us around the Island please say hello, hopefully will be able to have the Jeep Island event in October this year.

Keith

Hi Keith! I’ll keep an eye out for ya!

Aw that Bikini Pearl is a beautiful color. That was actually my daughter’s fav choice, and we ALMOST had it, but that Jeep had sold the day before grrrr. We had a couple near misses like that until we found ours.

Hope to see you around!

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your awesome story. We're glad to see you have some fantastic family values. The smiles on both your faces is priceless.

I hope you enjoy the forum and have fun as a family with your Jeep.

gravydb

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Here’s a couple more glamour shots of my new baby, in the beautiful and unique SC Lowcountry...Adjustments.jpg