110 interior outlet

lopab23

Does anyone know if there is a trim level on the unlimited JL that includes a factory 110 outlet? If so, is it possible to add or retrofit to a lower trim level? My JL has the factory aux switches so I suppose that might also be an option if there is an aftermarket outlet being made. Thanks! :)

Pablo

JTCO

Meme King
Does anyone know if there is a trim level on the unlimited JL that includes a factory 110 outlet? If so, is it possible to add or retrofit to a lower trim level? My JL has the factory aux switches so I suppose that might also be an option if there is an aftermarket outlet being made. Thanks! :)

Pablo

Not sure if there is a trim for the JLs but I don't think so. With that being said, a lot of manufacturers that use a 110v outlet from factory uses some pretty thin wiring and you can't do much with the inverter besides charge a phone or small electrical tasks like that. When we got our JT, we declined the factory 110 outlet and then wired our own 1000w inverter right to the battery with 4 AWG : https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...-JT-Build-Thread&p=58323&viewfull=1#post58323

With this we can run a small coffee pot, normal household accessories, tools, etc.

What should the max wattage for an inverter be? I see 1500w, 5000w?Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Measure the actual voltage at the 110-120v receptacle. Verify it's true voltage. Jeep says convenience outlet is rated for 150watts. Divide true voltage into the 150w, and that is max amps you can run. Ex 150w/110v=1.36 amps. etc. That is not a whole lot! Coffee maker would blow fuse since they draw anywhere from 5amps and up. A proper inverter will draw some serious amperage, so make sure you follow manuf specs to the T. A 1000w inverter will draw around 80amps at 12v. So make sure your wire size is adequate. Also....DC drops voltage at distance 10x more than AC, so keep that in mind. PROTECT THE FEEDER WIRES FROM BATTERY TO INVERTER!!! You don't want to burn your nice Jeep to the ground.

Danny

Yikes. I added a warn quick connect plug to my winch because of that reason. A 110v outlet on the other hand I don’t really need. It’s mostly for charging up devices. It would sense to have the inverter as close to the battery as possible. I don’t want a inverter large enough to blow fuses. I need 87w to charge my mac book pro. iPhone 11 needs 18w. Tablet 2.4 amps. At 107.4 amps it’s close the safety limit. I wonder at what temperature the 150w limit was rated at?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app