Cell phone mount

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So what’s everyone using for a phone mount? I have seen a pop socket mount on the vent and that’s about it. Open to any and all ideas!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So what’s everyone using for a phone mount? I have seen a pop socket mount on the vent and that’s about it. Open to any and all ideas!

I'm running a 67 Designs Jeep JL/Gladiator Rail system seen HERE.

RamMounts has their own version called the RAM Tough-Track.

Last edited:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running a 67 Designs Jeep JL/Gladiator Rail system seen HERE.

RamMounts has their own version called the RAM Tough-Track.

I see it’s been a year since you installed it. How has it held up? Does it block the windshield much? Still have full accessibility of the storage up top?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
It uses the whole storage area up top, but honestly I never found much use for the storage area anyways. With regards to durability and visibility, I haven't had any issues. In fact I just dropped a chunk of change on a couple more 67 Design products to mount my tablet running Gaia GPS as well as my inReach mini.

Jeeeep

I got a Bulletproof mount based on price, but I see 67 Design has their JL double ball pack on sale for $89 so I would go that route.

I replaced the universal phone holder with a Scosche magnetic mount I had and so far so good on the phone staying in place. (I did have to build up the ball mount to fit)

Danny

I have the 67 designs rail system also. I didn’t pull the 3m double sided tape back until I’m sure I’m keeping it. The screws are tight. But the whole top compartment moves moves very slightly when the phone is attached. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe the vector phone mount is what I should’ve done. It seems sturdier at the cost of visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have the 67 designs rail system also. I didn’t pull the 3m double sided tape back until I’m sure I’m keeping it. The screws are tight. But the whole top compartment moves moves very slightly when the phone is attached. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe the vector phone mount is what I should’ve done. It seems sturdier at the cost of visibility.

I have not experienced the movement that you are describing.

YAHAHA

I have the 67 individual phone mounts for each side of the tray because I didn’t need the big bar mount. They work great!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

gravydb

I just plug my phone in and toss it by the parking brake. Then use CarPlay on the screen. No need to see the actual phone.

+1 to this!

I’m still getting settled into my new-to-me 2018 JL. Tried Bluetooth at first and quickly learned there’s no Carplay via Bluetooth. I don’t like wires hanging everywhere, so eventually settled on using the usb in the center storage. When I get in the jeep I connect the phone and either put it in the storage or place it beside the brake like Wisco does. I’m very pleased with Carplay- love that convenience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk