Mesh shades

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking to get a shade for the JL. On my jk I have the spiderweb jkini and it’s great. For the JL I went and looked at their website, and other vendors, and it’s almost $200 for the front and rear sections. To me that’s a little steep.

Has anyone tried any of the other brand shades and can you comment on the quality? I know it’s just mesh but want the best quality for my money.

drhcobra

A friend gave me an Alien sunshade for a JK 2-dr Thinking I could make it fit on my JL. I thought the quality was fine. I did end up getting the spiderweb shade, I do like the way it attached better. I agree they are over-priced.

I have a hard top. I originally had the MasterTop shade. It sucks. The ties are fixed & it’s tough to reach your hand under to undo the handles & take off the top. The spiderweb shade is WAY better because you can stretch the bungee cords easily. It sucks how much more it costs than the JK (I had one on my jk too), but it’s the best option & now I’ve wasted money on MasterTop when I should have just bought this one.

JTCO

Meme King
I have a hard top. I originally had the MasterTop shade. It sucks. The ties are fixed & it’s tough to reach your hand under to undo the handles & take off the top. The spiderweb shade is WAY better because you can stretch the bungee cords easily. It sucks how much more it costs than the JK (I had one on my jk too), but it’s the best option & now I’ve wasted money on MasterTop when I should have just bought this one.

IIRC, we got the exact Spiderwebshade from your JK. It was still on there when we sold it. Worked great.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A friend gave me an Alien sunshade for a JK 2-dr Thinking I could make it fit on my JL. I thought the quality was fine. I did end up getting the spiderweb shade, I do like the way it attached better. I agree they are over-priced.
I was looking for the alien shade for the JL but their website isn’t up and it doesn’t look like they have anything released yet. I have heard their jk shade was a good quality.
Good to know about the mastertop. I saw qtech had the front and rear section for around $75 but will steer away from that now.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
When I bought my JL4D Spiderwebshade they had a 20% coupon code. Google Fu shows that they have a 15% code right now:

CORONAFREE

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well after reading tons of reviews online on Quadratec and other sites I narrowed it down to two shades. Alien shade and spiderweb. The alien shade was $145 on amazon but after amazons sales taxes it went up to almost $160. So I checked out the spiderweb shade and with the CORONAFREE discount code it came down to $169. Free shipping and no tax. At that cost I decided to go with the spiderweb shade. I know it’s good quality and I trust the product. Thank you all for your suggestions! Will post pics when I get it installed

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What color did you go with? I'm not much for anything other than black but the flag intrigues me.

Went with black in the dual section set up.
IMG_0519.jpg

The only other color I could have seen myself going with is red to match but since it’s the wife’s daily I know she wouldn’t have been happy with that lol