Anyone have 2 door JL with 35”’s

Gtony12

Wanted to see if anyone has 35” on there JL 2 door sport with out a lift??? If so can you post a picture and pros and cons. I was going to do tires and come back later with 2.5” lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

LVZen

I've added a lift since these pics but here is my Jeep with 35s before the lift.

Attachments

• IMG_20190124_092855.jpg
    IMG_20190124_092855.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20190301_161454.jpg
    IMG_20190301_161454.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20190124_092855.jpg
    IMG_20190124_092855.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 90

jamrock

The Rubicon comes from the factory with taller springs and shocks. It also has higher fenders than the Sport. However, you can run 35's on your stock Sport on the pavement with no rubbing. I would expect you to have significant rubbing off road.

There are 2 types of tire rubbing to look out for. Rubbing against the fender from up and down movement. Rubbing against the Jeep's undercarriage when doing a full turn.

The Rubicons come with longer axles so wheels will fit them differently than the Sport. Pay attention to the backspacing/offset of the wheels to avoid rubbing when doing a full turn. I would speak to the company selling the lift to find out what backspacing/offset will work before and after the lift.

The video shows a JLU but the principles are the same for a JL

Gtony12

The Rubicon comes from the factory with taller springs and shocks. It also has higher fenders than the Sport. However, you can run 35's on your stock Sport on the pavement with no rubbing. I would expect you to have significant rubbing off road.

There are 2 types of tire rubbing to look out for. Rubbing against the fender from up and down movement. Rubbing against the Jeep's undercarriage when doing a full turn.

The Rubicons come with longer axles so wheels will fit them differently than the Sport. Pay attention to the backspacing/offset of the wheels to avoid rubbing when doing a full turn. I would speak to the company selling the lift to find out what backspacing/offset will work before and after the lift.

The video shows a JLU but the principles are the same for a JL

Thank you for the info, getting ready to pull the trigger!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app