Advice for daily rig and family adventure wagon...

NFRs2000NYC

So I spend most of my seat time with my vehicle doing daily routine stuff, food shopping, driving kids around, etc. Once in a while, I do enjoy offroad adventures (not gonna use the O word lol) and up until now, I've done it with my wife only in my Wrangler, and it's been great, but now that my daughters are a bit older, they enjoy traveling with us (they are 6 and 10). So, this whole time, I've been waiting for the diesel gladiator to come out but now I've been thinking (and watching) that for the type of traveling I do, maybe I wouldn't be worse off with a 6.7 diesel 2500 ram mega cab, with say, suspension, 37-40s, and the extra room that would allow comfortable travel for the family (kids can comfortably sleep inside on the flat folded rear seats, wife and I can be comfy in a pop up tent on a rack, etc. I've never owned a full size pickup before, and I know that stock 2500s run like dumptrucks because they are built for load (and I'd take care of that with a nice suspension kit,) but I'd be curious to hear some opinions from you guys that are probably more experienced with the two platforms, and maybe you guys know of pros and cons that I may not. The type of "wheeling" I do is basically what Eddie and Cindy do exploring, so lots of gravel, and mild crawling....think top of the world in moab or imogene pass as the most hardcore I tend to get. Any advice and opinions are greatly appreciated.

JP223/3USA

2 cents
Pros- You can explore more in a Jeep and it will give you some piece of mind.
Cons- A Ram is not a Jeep
Cons- A Ram is not a Jeep
Pros- A Ram can haul a ton of weight but I don’t see you hauling a Boat to explore and crawl over rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I’m not looking to tow at all or haul anything even remotely close to the rams limit. Mostly adventure gear (fridge, hard shell RTT, tools, rack, and all the other stuff one hauls on a cross country trip). Basically the concern is comfort/space. From the videos I’ve seen the Ram seems to be fairly capable offroad,obviously not to the level of a built jeep, but for general adventuring it seems solid (think Mojave road.) reliability is a concern, are the Cummins ram not reliable, especially when compared to the diesel in the JL/JT? Our 2014 diesel GC has been very reliable but we seem to be one of the lucky ones.