LoD Offroad JLU Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Tease...

Sent via....

LOL!! Guess you haven't seen my write-up for this?

20170717090153-6d2d3f5c.jpg

DIY Jeep JK Tailgate Spare Tire Isolator Extension Write-Up

Unless things are way different, I was assuming this DIY mod I came up with for my JK's would work on a JL too. :yup:

Onlyone

Now that the front bumpers are finished, we have moved on to the rear and are actively developing several options to carry a spare tire. Amongst them is a riser that allows use of a 35" tire with the stock carrier/bumper only version. The rear bumper bezels can also be removed without removing the bumper from the vehicle.

View attachment 1471
View attachment 1472

I just ordered your mid width front bumper for my JLUR! Can’t wait to get it. 30 days huh. Damn.

Onlyone

So to make a long story short, I double checked with the company I ordered my LOD bumper with to make sure the part number was correct for my front bumper. LoD explained the bumper is essentially the same as the JK with a small change in hardware. They made sure I had the correct part number and said that it should be ready to ship next week. Woohoo! Thanks LoD! I can’t wait to get it installed!

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Here is one of our plate solutions for the JL:

pYQDsF.md.jpg

The bolts above the license plate are light bolts.

Couple of questions/possible requests from a DEFINITE future destroyer owner (fullwidth)...

1) Will you add the to re-use the parking sensors? I guess that would require the optional little holes where the sensors would go into
2) Is it possible to have additional cutouts for another set of lights to be used as dust lights, such as the rigid flushmounts? I wouldn't even mind paying extra for this optional extra cutout.
3) Are you planning to incorporate a plate mount back into the bumper?

Thanks for your awesome work!

justin mazzon

Looks great. Have no idea why jeep changed the license location. I've never seen anyone in a JK hit or tear that license location.:thinking: