LoD Offroad JLU Build

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
For the most part you guys are right. JK bumpers will fit, but for them to be ideal they have to be changed a bit, as the JLU has different proportions from the JKU (higher fenders, different body width, different grille width).

We have obtained a 2" Mopar lift kit and will be installing it, along with some bigger wheels/tires :crazyeyes: :rock:

WrappedJeepCrate.jpgJeepCrate.jpgSideJeepCrate.jpgJeepCrateInside.jpgJLU-Tire-Upgrade.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Thank you for the above info. Visually its hard to tell what changed, but the slight differences in width would make the bumper look weird. I am interested in full width destroyer bumpers for the JL, wondering, will you guys be incorporating an option to relocate the parking sensors for those that have the safety package?

Jwalt

This is great, Cant wait to see how it turns out. Thats a massive wood box for a 2 inch lift.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
With the front bumpers adapted and fitted, this week we are moving onto the rear bumper and tire carrier combo. There were significant changes to the rear of the Jeep frame in the JL edition, so we will have our hands full for sure :crazyeyes:

pQgNgX.jpg

TITAN

Lift and wheels/tires have been installed! It's starting to look better :)

View attachment 943

Man that looks great! I'm really interested in what's going to happen with fender flares. Having the lights on them is an issue IMO. It's the one thing I wish they hadn't done to the JL. It seems very impractical with most modders removing the stock flares.

NFRs2000NYC

With the front bumpers adapted and fitted, this week we are moving onto the rear bumper and tire carrier combo. There were significant changes to the rear of the Jeep frame in the JL edition, so we will have our hands full for sure :crazyeyes:

View attachment 1006

Couple of questions/possible requests from a DEFINITE future destroyer owner (fullwidth)...

1) Will you add the to re-use the parking sensors? I guess that would require the optional little holes where the sensors would go into
2) Is it possible to have additional cutouts for another set of lights to be used as dust lights, such as the rigid flushmounts? I wouldn't even mind paying extra for this optional extra cutout.
3) Are you planning to incorporate a plate mount back into the bumper?

Thanks for your awesome work!

Poordad

I had one of the first LoD bumpers on my JK. I loved its simple design. I will be looking to LoD again if I decide to put a new bumper on my JL.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
1) We are currently working to get a space figured out for those.
2) The light openings will have different bezels, among them ones that will fit Rigid Flushmount D lights. We do not plan on making any more additional openings for lights, as this would potentially conflict with other design features.
3) The license plate mount location is TBD.

Couple of questions/possible requests from a DEFINITE future destroyer owner (fullwidth)...

1) Will you add the to re-use the parking sensors? I guess that would require the optional little holes where the sensors would go into
2) Is it possible to have additional cutouts for another set of lights to be used as dust lights, such as the rigid flushmounts? I wouldn't even mind paying extra for this optional extra cutout.
3) Are you planning to incorporate a plate mount back into the bumper?

Thanks for your awesome work!

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Now that the front bumpers are finished, we have moved on to the rear and are actively developing several options to carry a spare tire. Amongst them is a riser that allows use of a 35" tire with the stock carrier/bumper only version. The rear bumper bezels can also be removed without removing the bumper from the vehicle.

pwtrMz.md.jpg
pwtb5G.md.jpg
pwtxZA.md.jpg
pwDoTD.md.jpg
pwDvj5.md.jpg
pwwf1n.md.jpg
pww0Ls.md.jpg
pwwLvN.md.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Now that the front bumpers are finished, we have moved on to the rear and are actively developing several options to carry a spare tire. Amongst them is a riser that allows use of a 35" tire with the stock carrier/bumper only version. The rear bumper bezels can also be removed without removing the bumper from the vehicle.

View attachment 1471
View attachment 1472
View attachment 1473
View attachment 1474
View attachment 1475
View attachment 1476
View attachment 1477
View attachment 1478

That looks much beefier than some of the cheap solutions I’ve seen. So since u say 35 on a Sport I assume it will hold a 37 on a Rubicon?

have u found any rubber bumper extensions to make the tire sit tight to gate?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app