WAX on WAX off

GrayRubi

My 2020 Rubicon is 6 months old now.

Can anyone recommend a good wax that-
1-Protects the paint some, from off-road pin striping.
2- Doesn't leave white residue on the black fender flares.
3- Won't hurt the Rubicon deal on the hood.

Thanks in advance-

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

Thanks in advance-

I just use the same bottle of Meguiars wax that I've had for years. Honestly though, I only apply wax once or twice a year. How much it helps to diminish pinstripes... don't know. Might help things slide when it's fresh, but like I said I only apply once or twice a year.

20200507_132634_copy_768x1024.jpg

Don't put wax on your black plastic flares. 303 protectant will keep your plastics fresh and black, including unpainted flares, door handles, cowl, etc. WD-40 on black powder coating.

I've never heard of wax harming a decal. If anything I might catch a wash rag on the corners, so I'm just careful.

RMoyni

I just use the same bottle of Meguiars wax that I've had for years. Honestly though, I only apply wax once or twice a year. How much it helps to diminish pinstripes... don't know. Might help things slide when it's fresh, but like I said I only apply once or twice a year.

View attachment 15578

Don't put wax on your black plastic flares. 303 protectant will keep your plastics fresh and black, including unpainted flares, door handles, cowl, etc. WD-40 on black powder coating.

I've never heard of wax harming a decal. If anything I might catch a wash rag on the corners, so I'm just careful.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks in advance-

No wax will protect from pin striping. You either don't worry about it, or don't go through untrimmed trails. Honestly...if your going to Jeep your Jeep, certain things you can't worry about or you will just be stressed the whole time. 2 months after I bough my 18 JLUR, I went off roading and through many many untrimmed atv trails. Pin striped the shit out of it. Before that I had washed, clay bar and waxed. Wax won't protect from branches. I have yet to see the stick on armor for JL. I have seen bolt on, but I am not drilling holes in my doors. I just deal with it. I also keep a set of loppers and a Stihl chainsaw in Jeep. I trim many of the trails I go on myself.
Don't wax the plastic fenders if they are the unpainted ones. Any name brand wax will not hurt decals.

JTCO

Meme King
As mentioned, wax won't stop pin stripes. I do feel it lessens the light thin ones though. But don't plan on wax preventing them. As far as an all around wax, I have really come to like the Jescar Powerlock Plus. The main reason is that it goes on easy and comes off easy. Literally a dime sized drop will probably do half of the hood or more. You apply it very thin. Then it wipes and buffs off quickly and smooth as butter. I've tried many parts store waxes and I don't think I'll go back after using this stuff. It's just too easy and goes a long way.

Q4A8617_1600x.jpg

Jeeeep

to get wax off the black bumpers i use dish soap, a little hot water and a toothbrush

doesn't take much pressure and gets the wax off nicely.

If I've gotten a lot of wax, it may take a few cleanings but it works for me

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I use this wax cleaner from chemical guys to clean my fenders after cleaning the Jeep and before applying a trim protectant
IMG_0375.jpg

jmeyers278

Anyone have a sure fire way to get inadvertent wax off plastic trim, short of painting it? I’ve tried all the products I have and the white film still shows through.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Strip everything off with isopropyl alcohol diluted to less than 25% ipa to water and a microfiber.

Then use a pink eraser to get the crap off, then top with a polymer sealant ie. Beadmaker, seal and shine, etc. DO NOT use back to black or any other high silicone based products. If you need more recommendations shoot me a pm. I've been in the detailing business 22 years.

N8Dizzle

Anyone have a sure fire way to get inadvertent wax off plastic trim, short of painting it? I’ve tried all the products I have and the white film still shows through.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
The very best thing I have found is white pencil erasers. I‘m lazy so I just ordered a 12pk on Amazon so I should be good for the rest of my life but you could probably just get one or two at CVS or Walgreens. Works really well getting that dried wax off of textured plastics.