Where to get power for lights

Jimc65

I just received my JL finally and bought some lights and want to hook them up. I didnt get the AUX switches on ordering my jeep i saw the trailer tow package and had no interest in towing so i passed over it i regret it now. I know you can add them but money is right now and I decided I'll do it the old way but I dont know how and cant find any info here. Any help would be appreciated.20200429_172311.jpeg

I have the Rubicon with Aux switches, so I am not sure if and where wire whips are located. Look in your manually thoroughly. Info should be in there. You may have to go direct to fuse box under hood by battery and add switches. If you want lights you bought to go on with floods or parking lights, you will have to wire into those circuits.

JTCO

Meme King
I just received my JL finally and bought some lights and want to hook them up. I didnt get the AUX switches on ordering my jeep i saw the trailer tow package and had no interest in towing so i passed over it i regret it now. I know you can add them but money is right now and I decided I'll do it the old way but I dont know how and cant find any info here. Any help would be appreciated.

First you need to determine if you want the lights to work any time that you push the switch or just when the ignition is on.

MrGiant

Or maybe get the switches though?
On my YJ I did a simple set up that hooks up to high beam for 2 lights and a switch to turn all 6 on any time. Works simultaneously. Not the nicest solution till power is inside the cab but easy to figure out. It connects directly to the battery with extra fuses

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR