Hydro Assist and 37’s

RLW007

I am running a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited with EVO Coilovers and 37” Cooper STT Pro’s. Using all synergy front end components. Thinking of going to hydro assist steering to help off road with the front locked. I am concerned about the highway steering at 70-80 mph. I hear horror stories about super sensitive steering at highway speeds. If you have converted yours please give me some feedback and which system did you go with and why. Do you you like it? Was it worth the $. ? I am not planning on running any larger tires
Thanks Randy

Attachments

• 502943E7-1DBA-4EA0-907A-6B0F2DE151C0.jpg
    502943E7-1DBA-4EA0-907A-6B0F2DE151C0.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 106

ttfhell

Haven’t done my jl yet but my jk had this set up. Ran straight as can be. No wandering or anything else during 60k miles or so. The heims can wear out over time which can cause some play. Quick fix to replace. I think any horror stories are caused by poor setup or other issues like worn out control arm joints.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bsimon187

Running a similar set up but with 40’s and PSC hydro assist. It runs fine on the highway and straight as can be. Steering isn’t that sensitive. I drive many long trips on the highway between 70-85 all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RLW007

Running a similar set up but with 40’s and PSC hydro assist. It runs fine on the highway and straight as can be. Steering isn’t that sensitive. I drive many long trips on the highway between 70-85 all the time.

Thank you. That is what I was concerned about.
Are you still on stock axels?