Alternative to overpriced Bestop soft doors?

cosmokenney

I really want to get some half doors that also have removable windows. I really like the Bestop two piece fabric doors considering they will match my soft top, but my god, $700 for the doors and another $114 for mirrors!
Has anyone here found an alternative that doesn't cost as much?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Why are they "overpriced"? Because they are of inferior quality, because you can't afford them or because you're too cheap?

cosmokenney

Why are they "overpriced"? Because they are of inferior quality, because you can't afford them or because you're too cheap?

Yes.
And I don't think that a pair of front fabric doors should cost half of what an entire soft top costs. Especially given the fact that there are so many reports of them leaking and not fitting right.

I would really like some body color aluminum half doors with removable fabric tops/soft windows. That would be exciting.

avnmech

I ordered a set of these.

I have seen the bad reviews, but unfortunately where I live the weather changes like a teenager changes clothes throughout a single day, trust me I know, have two of them. Anyhow in my JK I was caught one to many times in the rain without my doors. Since Jeep has yet to make a half door, Bestop has yet to come out with the Core Door for a JL (why they made them for last generation I have not a clue), and all of the other half doors I seen have no upper, as well as being impractical to store I am looking to these to fill the void for me. Yes they are expensive at $1399.98 for the front and rear doors, but they will come in the matching Premium cloth that my soft top has currently. My hope is that they don't have all of the problems that the JK doors did, like the top being open about a foot gap while driving down the road. Leaks I can accept, but getting rained on as I drive down the highway in not acceptable. I'm sure I can bungie cord the tops in if needed. Anyhow I ordered them from Northridge 4X4 April 19, 2020, as of now they have and arrival date of mid June sometime, I guess this is normal for the JL, as for my old JK if I wanted anything I order it and the item arrived usually in a week, but so far everything I have ordered for this JL over the past 2 years has taken a month or so to get to me. I had a 08 JKU and aside from it being on the 3rd motor, and the 4sp auto trans it was built and it was a beast, don't get me wrong I like my JLU, but if I knew Core Doors would only come out for the JK I would have probably never bought the JL, I would have instead bought the Core Doors, and put in a Chevy 6.0 with a 6sp trans. Sorry about going off on a tangent. I have attached a couple of pics of how I have overcome the whole driving doors off without mirrors as most states require outside mirrors, or at the least a left side mirror. Sorry the pics are upside down, not sure why, on my computer the appear right side up. Any how I will update whenever my door arrive. 20200522_085948.jpg20200522_090022.jpg

YAHAHA

My hope is that they don't have all of the problems that the JK doors did, like the top being open about a foot gap while driving down the road. Leaks I can accept, but getting rained on as I drive down the highway in not acceptable.

This reminds me of the old CJ doors that would flap open at the top and bottom letting all the rain or snow inside!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

avnmech

Doors finally arrived.

Hi all, my doors finally arrived and I got them installed. I will attach a couple of links to the YouTube videos I posted below. So far I like them, but the fit and finish could be better, especially for the price point, but since there are no other options, then Bestop gets my money. The doors do flap in the wind, and they are no will not hold out water, but they are great 3 season doors.

Link to video about the Bestop Fabric 2 piece doors.
https://youtu.be/Y9BdIMFcTf4

Link to video about the how I store JL's Soft top side and back windows.
https://youtu.be/zg8oyXQSb5I