View Poll Results: What size tire are you running on your JL Wrangler or hope to run soon?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

Question WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting yet another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on JLWRANGLER and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

As always, we would LOVE for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question but what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to a random member who participate in our poll.

With all that said...

WHAT SIZE TIRES are you running on your JL WRANGLER or hope to run soon?

STOCK TIRES
    35" TIRES
    37" TIRES
    40" TIRES
    GREATER THAN 40" TIRES

Of course, if you could ALSO provide your reasons for your choice in tire size, we'd love to hear all about it. Thank you for your help!

Been Around the Block
    We just installed Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17 on our JLUR. We switched back to the stock JL wheels since my wife likes them better than the JK wheels we were running. We mostly do mild off-road driving about once a month on wooded trails. Wanted a little more tire and will most likely work up to a 2" lift around black friday or maybe Christmas. So far, moving up to the 35" tires, the Jeep doesn't stay in 8th gear as much on the highway and stopping effort is slightly increased. Other than that, love the move up to the new size so far.

We put the stock 285/70/17 tires from the JLUR on our F150.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by YAHAHA; 09-09-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YAHAHA View Post
    We just installed Cooper STT Pro 315/70/17 on our JLUR. We switched back to the stock JL wheels since my wife likes them better than the JK wheels we were running.

We put the stock 285/70/17 tires from the JLUR on our F150.

So, you're currently running 35's. Would it be possible for you to add that to the poll? Thanks!

Running 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pro. Maybe 40s in a year or so when these where down.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Iíd say 40ís for sure on the JL. The extra length and width make it way different from the JK. I think 37ís are more than sufficient on a JK but 40ís would be best on a JL.

My opinion only and that is 4 door not two door.

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    I'll be running 37s. I think it's more than enough for the wheeling I do, plus it seems to look perfect on a 4 door.

WHAT SIZE TIRES? : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

37s since itís within a middle-class budget, works with the 4.10 gears, wont break D44 axels (fingers crossed), and gives enough clearance for a lot of fun on most trails. 40s is a whole new level of rock crawling where I think the top half should be something more basic that could be rolled, dented, etc. and certainly doesnít come with blind spot monitoring, leather seats, and an auto start/stop.

Last edited by darrenroos; 09-09-2018 at 09:11 PM.

In comparison to the JKU I feel as if 37s on the JLU are similar to 35s JKU so perhaps 40s would be the ticket, however 37s fit easily on the JL without much upgrading, depends on your goal but 40s should be the goal in my opinion

Currently running 35s with a 2" Mopar suspension lift without any clearance issues. Would love to run 37s, but worried about rubbing

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubinot View Post
    Currently running 35s with a 2" Mopar suspension lift without any clearance issues. Would love to run 37s, but worried about rubbing

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    You should be fine with 37s with that lift.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast