GPS Info Not Displaying On ORP

SRQgunner

I upgraded from a 7" to 8.4" Uconnect (factory new radio which came with software version 21.10 installed) on my '18 Sport S.

This week I installed a Tazer mini W/ the Beta update 11.2.1 to get ORP.

ORP works with the exception that it doesn’t show the altitude, longitude or latitude settings. It shows - - in those fields. When I access nav/maps and select current location>views GPS it shows the altitude, longitude and latitude.

I did pull fuse 97. After starting the vehicle and accessing ORP it showed the altitude, longitude and latitude settings. I thought it was fixed but when I started the Jeep 10 minutes later those settings only show - - again.

I tried disabling ORP, full Tazer reboot, Reenabled ORP, full Tazer reboot but no luck.

Pulled fuse 97 a couple different times thereafter and still shows - - in those fields.

Any ideas to what may solve this?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

I upgraded from a 7" to 8.4" Uconnect (factory new radio which came with software version 21.10 installed) on my '18 Sport S.

This week I installed a Tazer mini W/ the Beta update 11.2.1 to get ORP.

ORP works with the exception that it doesn’t show the altitude, longitude or latitude settings. It shows - - in those fields. When I access nav/maps and select current location>views GPS it shows the altitude, longitude and latitude.

I did pull fuse 97. After starting the vehicle and accessing ORP it showed the altitude, longitude and latitude settings. I thought it was fixed but when I started the Jeep 10 minutes later those settings only show - - again.

I tried disabling ORP, full Tazer reboot, Reenabled ORP, full Tazer reboot but no luck.

Pulled fuse 97 a couple different times thereafter and still shows - - in those fields.

Any ideas to what may solve this?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
You have Sirius and have the sirius antenna connected right? The GPS is also in the sirius antenna. You don't need to have an active subscription but you need the antenna connected.

Sent via....

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
You have Sirius and have the sirius antenna connected right? The GPS is also in the sirius antenna. You don't need to have an active subscription but you need the antenna connected.

Sent via....

I'll be darned. I would never have thought of needing the Sirius XM antenna. It's nice to see you posting gecko. I hope that you and your family are doing well.

SRQgunner

Sent via....

Yes I have the Sirius antenna as well as a subscription. I can are the coordinates in NAV just not in ORP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothedcarrot

Software Update

Sent via....

I have a 2019 JLUR and have Sirius activated. I took it in for warranty and was told it is a software issue they are working on. That was 3 weeks ago. It also works in different areas. I went to Ozark Mountains it worked..40 miles from my house on the trails it works. Who knows.

Last edited:

SRQgunner

I live in Florida about 5 miles from the Gulf. Pretty much at sea level BUT I did find out that if I am above 90' elevation the GPS coordinates will display in ORP. Once I drop below 90' they disappear again. I verified this by driving over the sunshine skyway bridge which is 200+ feet in elevation. Also did a drive inland where the elevation is higher. Once I got to 90' GPS coordinates displayed!

Very interesting....