RhinoRack Backbone system

Bueller44

Hi,
I recently installed the rhinorack backbone system and pioneer platform on my 2018 JLUR. This past week I put my Roof Top Tent up there. Besides the obvious drop in mileage and increase in wind noise, I am noticing creaking and knocks that seem to come from the roof. I imagine it is the weight of the tent and then the movement when driving.
When I pull on the roof rack platform there is zero movement. And the tent is on right.
Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg

Total guess, but maybe your front bars are a bit too far forward & are pulling on the unsecured part of the roof? Like the flat fiberglass part is flexing. Try moving them back like 4 inches so they’re more supported by the backbone.

Bueller44

Total guess, but maybe your front bars are a bit too far forward & are pulling on the unsecured part of the roof? Like the flat fiberglass part is flexing. Try moving them back like 4 inches so they’re more supported by the backbone.

It’s the pioneer platform. No bars to move.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spack

I have the same set up. I hear some creaking too, but my tent has been off since October or November so I can’t really diagnose. Everything’s seems tight, so I’m not sure where it is. Only thing I can think of is the drilled holes might not be drilled perfectly and there’s a little movement?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I ran the Backbone on my JKUR and it never made a sound. Although I never had an RTT, I used to load the heck out of it with all kinds of camping equipment, including a shit ton of wood. That being said, I seem to remember that my JK hardtop was more stout than my JL hardtop.