How Long Did it Take to Break?

YAHAHA

We’ve had 2JLs and both of the windshields broke from the first rock big enough for me to hear it hit. Both were just very small pieces of gravel kicked up by another vehicle. One was big enough for me to see, the other was so small I didn’t see it.

He’s anybody replaced their windshield yet? Is aftermarket any stronger than the factory glass?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Last edited:

Spack

Mine broke in 300 miles. That was in late 2018. At the time there was only two choices, “cheap china crap” or a Mopar one with some sort of antenna button and wires on the upper portion. I think it was about $400 and I don’t even notice the button.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
My Gladiator's broke at 700 miles. Then after replacing it, about a week later, it got another small crack in the corner that isn't affecting my view.

WiscoHR

Mine made it 4000 miles before it broke. Replaced it with another factory windshield and have had it for about 25,000 miles. No chips or cracks yet, but it is pitted everywhere from rocks. Really noticeable when the sun hits it certain ways.

WWRuby_Svi

Haven’t had mine break on the JL yet but went though a couple windshields on my JK. Check with your insurance, sometimes you have to pay extra for coverage with a small deductible and sometimes it’s automatically covered. Insurance will usually replace with OEM glass. I have a $50 deductible for anything that can’t be repaired

MrGiant

Mmh, seems like I am a lucky JL owner, no crack or tip after now 7k miles

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve had 2JLs and both of the windshields broke from the first rock big enough for me to hear it hit. Both were just very small pieces of gravel kicked up by another vehicle. One was big enough for me to see, the other was so small I didn’t see it.

He’s anybody replaced their windshield yet? Is aftermarket any stronger than the factory glass?

Which one? The first or the 2nd? :crazyeyes:

YAHAHA

Funny thing, the big rock made a chip that didn’t spread and the little one made a crack that keeps spreading.

The windshield on our TJ is bulletproof compared to our JL windshield.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

MrGiant

If you can call it funny I am still on my factory windshield, though annoying for you

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR