JL Jack / Storage

madzebra

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the storage space and jack compartment under the lift-up flap on the JL 4 door has changed from the JKU?

Thanks in advance!

Mad

JeepFan

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the storage space and jack compartment under the lift-up flap on the JL 4 door has changed from the JKU?

Thanks in advance!

Mad

According to the JL owners manual, the jack is in the same location as the JK.

jack1.PNG

jack2.PNG

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hmmm. Doesn't look like an extra cover for the cubby. Have to remove the whole floor to access cubby and jack?
As I recall, it's really easy to get to. Just flip up the flexible mat and remove the plastic storage area cover.

Last edited:

JIMBOX

:D I guess in a pinch:)doh:) that jack could be used, but-

I never tried/used that jack, always had a HiLift/electric jack with me and they were quicker/easier to use in ALL SITUATIONS-

I don't even know what happened to my stock jack-!

Whatever

:cheesy::thumb: JIMBO

JIMBOX

:D I'm sorry you guys feel that way about the HiLift jack--they are /can be dangerous, but-

Mine has really served me well for over 45 years--with trucks/jeeps/trailers-in snow and rocks !

It's a jungle out there-

Whatever

JTCO

Meme King
:D I'm sorry you guys feel that way about the HiLift jack--they are /can be dangerous, but-

Mine has really served me well for over 45 years--with trucks/jeeps/trailers-in snow and rocks !

It's a jungle out there-

Whatever

I can count on two fingers how many times I've actually used mine. And once was to pry apart some dishwasher brackets in my kitchen. They look cool though.

JeepFan

I can count on two fingers how many times I've actually used mine. And once was to pry apart some dishwasher brackets in my kitchen. They look cool though.

I have a brand new hi-lift and have never used it. Would probably make a good boat anchor though. LOL

JAGS

I used one like that on my TJ. I slipped and the handle hit my jaw. It knocked me the fuck out.

I woke up a couple minutes later on the ground missing the tip of my tongue. Never again will I use one.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

This explains a lot. [emoji23][emoji23]

JIMBOX

:D Heh Heh, yeah--in 45 years I've probably used mine (same one)-15 times, but-

Like a parachute/pistol/spare tire--if you useem just one time---wasn't it worth it ??

I've used my electric jack 20 times in 10 years --

Never leave home without em-

Whatever