Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Under hood bracket for twin ARB compressor?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25

    Under hood bracket for twin ARB compressor?

    Anybody running DV8 bracket for ARB twin? Your impressions? No heat issues from cat? Is there any other company making bracket for under the hood install???

  2. #2
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by FL RUBI View Post
    Anybody running DV8 bracket for ARB twin? Your impressions? No heat issues from cat? Is there any other company making bracket for under the hood install???
    The ACM bracket (link below) that Eddie and Cindy made (before DV8 had one) goes in the same location and utilizes the ARB single compressor. They've put a lot of miles on it and had no issues with heat from the cat.

    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...mpressor-Mount

  3. #3
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,563
    Quote Originally Posted by FL RUBI View Post
    Anybody running DV8 bracket for ARB twin? Your impressions? No heat issues from cat? Is there any other company making bracket for under the hood install???
    First off, I can't say that I'm a fan of DV8 and mainly because so much of what they make are just chinese knock offs of better products. That being said, there have been a lot of people who've installed a twin in this location and HAVE had problems with it cutting out. I can't say for sure if heat was the cause but it would seem probable especially being that it's so big.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    The ACM bracket (link below) that Eddie and Cindy made (before DV8 had one) goes in the same location and utilizes the ARB single compressor. They've put a lot of miles on it and had no issues with heat from the cat.

    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...mpressor-Mount
    Thanks for posting this up JTCO. As you've mentioned, we've put on a lot of miles and hard use with our single mounted in this location and without ANY problems. Not only is it a lot more affordable to do, it also seems to get the job done well. But of course, that's just based on my experience.

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    First off, I can't say that I'm a fan of DV8 and mainly because so much of what they make are just chinese knock offs of better products. That being said, there have been a lot of people who've installed a twin in this location and HAVE had problems with it cutting out. I can't say for sure if heat was the cause but it would seem probable especially being that it's so big.



    Thanks for posting this up JTCO. As you've mentioned, we've put on a lot of miles and hard use with our single mounted in this location and without ANY problems. Not only is it a lot more affordable to do, it also seems to get the job done well. But of course, that's just based on my experience.
    Not a fan of DV8 either, but looks like only option for twin under the hood right now on the market.

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    347
    Iím sure their compressor mounts are the same quality as their rock sliders. Shows up damaged, rusts after washing jeep, hardware bolts too shorts, donít align with mounting location and does not sit flush. Customer service is a joke too. Sir, our sliders fit perfectly and there shouldnít be any issues. We are sending you spray paint free of cost to spray over the damaged part so it wonít rust.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Caught the Bug Alex4LO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    75
    DV8 is trash


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Palmdale
    Posts
    5
    There was another forum member making under the hood mounts, I got one from him lying on the table if you want it. It mounts a little farther away from the exhaust vs DV8 but generally in the same area. I had it installed and worked great just does not fit with my aftermarket inner fenders I installed recently. I moved the compressor into the rear cargo storage area cubby thing.

    Either way never had any issues related to heat etc.

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by moodywizard View Post
    There was another forum member making under the hood mounts, I got one from him lying on the table if you want it. It mounts a little farther away from the exhaust vs DV8 but generally in the same area. I had it installed and worked great just does not fit with my aftermarket inner fenders I installed recently. I moved the compressor into the rear cargo storage area cubby thing.

    Either way never had any issues related to heat etc.
    Do you have picture when installed? How much???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •