Under hood bracket for twin ARB compressor?

FL RUBI

Anybody running DV8 bracket for ARB twin? Your impressions? No heat issues from cat? Is there any other company making bracket for under the hood install???

JTCO

Meme King

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody running DV8 bracket for ARB twin? Your impressions? No heat issues from cat? Is there any other company making bracket for under the hood install???

First off, I can't say that I'm a fan of DV8 and mainly because so much of what they make are just chinese knock offs of better products. That being said, there have been a lot of people who've installed a twin in this location and HAVE had problems with it cutting out. I can't say for sure if heat was the cause but it would seem probable especially being that it's so big.

The ACM bracket (link below) that Eddie and Cindy made (before DV8 had one) goes in the same location and utilizes the ARB single compressor. They've put a lot of miles on it and had no issues with heat from the cat.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...JL-JT-Under-the-Hood-ARB-Air-Compressor-Mount

Thanks for posting this up JTCO. As you've mentioned, we've put on a lot of miles and hard use with our single mounted in this location and without ANY problems. Not only is it a lot more affordable to do, it also seems to get the job done well. But of course, that's just based on my experience. :yup:

FL RUBI

First off, I can't say that I'm a fan of DV8 and mainly because so much of what they make are just chinese knock offs of better products. That being said, there have been a lot of people who've installed a twin in this location and HAVE had problems with it cutting out. I can't say for sure if heat was the cause but it would seem probable especially being that it's so big.

Thanks for posting this up JTCO. As you've mentioned, we've put on a lot of miles and hard use with our single mounted in this location and without ANY problems. Not only is it a lot more affordable to do, it also seems to get the job done well. But of course, that's just based on my experience. :yup:

Not a fan of DV8 either, but looks like only option for twin under the hood right now on the market.

JP223/3USA

I’m sure their compressor mounts are the same quality as their rock sliders. Shows up damaged, rusts after washing jeep, hardware bolts too shorts, don’t align with mounting location and does not sit flush. Customer service is a joke too. Sir, our sliders fit perfectly and there shouldn’t be any issues. We are sending you spray paint free of cost to spray over the damaged part so it won’t rust.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

moodywizard

There was another forum member making under the hood mounts, I got one from him lying on the table if you want it. It mounts a little farther away from the exhaust vs DV8 but generally in the same area. I had it installed and worked great just does not fit with my aftermarket inner fenders I installed recently. I moved the compressor into the rear cargo storage area cubby thing.

Either way never had any issues related to heat etc.

FL RUBI

There was another forum member making under the hood mounts, I got one from him lying on the table if you want it. It mounts a little farther away from the exhaust vs DV8 but generally in the same area. I had it installed and worked great just does not fit with my aftermarket inner fenders I installed recently. I moved the compressor into the rear cargo storage area cubby thing.

Either way never had any issues related to heat etc.

Do you have picture when installed? How much???