Clutch Pedal "Click" Noise

SSTuner

JLUS with 6-speed. Clicking noise in cab when clutch pedal is returning to normal position. Some people have taken off the little "helper spring" and sprayed WD40 or similar to stop noise, but in my situation it dod not fix.

So I unbolted the driver seat and slid it back against the back seat. Gained room to see up into the clutch and brake pedal assy. Here's what I found on my JL, when I cycle the clutch pedal down/up there is no noise. Started to apply the brake pedal, still no noise. Hmmm, so I started the JL and when I applied the brake it traveled further, applied brakes a couple of times and when I pushed the clutch down and upon release the "click" was heard. Did this a couple of times with the engine running, applying brakes a couple of times, then the clutch and as soon as the clutch is coming up the noise reappears. BTW, did the above steps with and without the assist spring.

Thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If your Jeep were older, I'd say your clutch slave is going out. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the JK's were back in the day in that the slave gets it's fluid from the master cylinder.