Just venting about my JT

BBG

Why are the bolts to my stock headers sp freakin difficult to get to, Eddie that trip we did in AZ got my headers ticking I can't stand it, and it makes my brand new JT sound shitty lol. Told myself I'll get up under it and try and tighten up the bolts, it doesn't sound all that bad now, but damn ............ that fourth bolt shit, you gotta damn near pull the engine to get to it lol sucks anyway...... footy that of my chest lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BBG

Why are the bolts to my stock headers sp freakin difficult to get to, Eddie that trip we did in AZ got my headers ticking I can't stand it, and it makes my brand new JT sound shitty lol. Told myself I'll get up under it and try and tighten up the bolts, it doesn't sound all that bad now, but damn ............ that fourth bolt shit, you gotta damn near pull the engine to get to it lol sucks anyway...... footy that of my chest lol.

Please excuse the bad grammar my Samsung smartphone is stupid lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Is the sound coming from the passenger side? I've been having a tick since Maine and have been having a hard time tracking it down. I took my JT into the dealership to have that stupid noise in my steering wheel looked at and asked them to give things a look and it turns out I have an exhaust leak somewhere around the cat. They said it was most likely a crack caused by multiple rock strikes to the exhaust cross over. The guys at my dealership are good guys and have no reason to believe they're full of shit. In fact, they've been trying to get it covered under warranty but I don't think it's gonna happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After seeing your Maine video, I can't imagine how something like that happened.

LOL - the cross over is beat pretty bad. Sucks because I've beaten the one on our JK's and don't recall having any problems like this before. May have to break down and install some kind of skid to help protect it.

BBG

Is the sound coming from the passenger side? I've been having a tick since Maine and have been having a hard time tracking it down. I took my JT into the dealership to have that stupid noise in my steering wheel looked at and asked them to give things a look and it turns out I have an exhaust leak somewhere around the cat. They said it was most likely a crack caused by multiple rock strikes to the exhaust cross over. The guys at my dealership are good guys and have no reason to believe they're full of shit. In fact, they've been trying to get it covered under warranty but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Mine is the driver side, I can actually see where it's coming from I tighten thre bolt more sounds much better, but not gone those 2 lower bolts are a pain in the ass to get I don't see how you would get to them without removing the motor mount..........smh

I wish someone would make a good engine skid that doesn’t require buying an entire under belly kit for $1500. I bought an Evo Mfg JL Protek engine skid, obviously it doesn’t fit since the engine mounts are different, but I’m having new forward skid plate support legs fabbed by a local welding shop that will allow me to install the JL skid plate and protect the oil pan, auto xmsn oil filler lines, and the exhaust loop. I’d have waited for one from Evo Mfg, but when I called them last week they said they have no plans to make a JT specific Protek skid plate at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is the driver side, I can actually see where it's coming from I tighten thre bolt more sounds much better, but not gone those 2 lower bolts are a pain in the ass to get I don't see how you would get to them without removing the motor mount..........smh

Ok - bet you hit the loop. And yes, it’s a real pain in the ass job. I’m pretty sure you would still need to replace parts too. At least, that’s what my dealership told me and parts are on back order. [emoji849]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish someone would make a good engine skid that doesn’t require buying an entire under belly kit for $1500. I bought an Evo Mfg JL Protek engine skid, obviously it doesn’t fit since the engine mounts are different, but I’m having new forward skid plate support legs fabbed by a local welding shop that will allow me to install the JL skid plate and protect the oil pan, auto xmsn oil filler lines, and the exhaust loop. I’d have waited for one from Evo Mfg, but when I called them last week they said they have no plans to make a JT specific Protek skid plate at the moment.

I’m with you. I’d like to protect this and the trans lines but don’t want to install a whole frickin belly skid system.

BBG

To those things get in the way anyway once you bash them on rocks and grind the bolts down they're next to impossible to get off and line up when it's time to put them back on, they also make weird rattling noises (metal to metal) when driving. That's and brand....... lol