Auxiliary HD switches stopped working

Camelot

Anyone had this issue?

The Aux switch kit (factory installed) in my 19 JLUR is acting up.

Number 3 is still working like a champ.

1, 2 and four are now dead. The LED on the switch lights up but no current is actually coming out of the wiring. (Worked perfect yesterday)

Checked all the fuses, in the fuse box right behind the battery, and they are all okay. I checked IConnect and none of the settings has changed either.

Any ideas or experience?

jeff_tahoe

Anyone had this issue?

The Aux switch kit (factory installed) in my 19 JLUR is acting up.

Number 3 is still working like a champ.

1, 2 and four are now dead. The LED on the switch lights up but no current is actually coming out of the wiring. (Worked perfect yesterday)

Checked all the fuses, in the fuse box right behind the battery, and they are all okay. I checked IConnect and none of the settings has changed either.

Any ideas or experience?

Any luck figuring this out? I'm having a similar issue. Number three was working perfectly. I installed an ARB compressor on Number 1 and now neither of them work. I checked all the fuses. I removed all the compressor wires. Nothing.

Some people had luck solving this issue by making sure the auxiliary switch unit was correctly connected, per a TSB:

ADA5403C-85DC-4B95-91DB-86ADBB141D9E.jpg

3DB9FCC2-02B1-4E89-A87F-3A8265FA59E8.jpg

C3FEFCED-1CA3-4D2B-AA2F-C3E130F3BB02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Any luck figuring this out? I'm having a similar issue. Number three was working perfectly. I installed an ARB compressor on Number 1 and now neither of them work. I checked all the fuses. I removed all the compressor wires. Nothing.

Some people had luck solving this issue by making sure the auxiliary switch unit was correctly connected, per a TSB:

Please don’t link to other competing websites.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Camelot

Yeah this turned in to a major pain in the ass. Not a surprise that FCA have shitty service shops but this takes the cake. The switch is of course a minor issue but it shows how crappy the service department is. (Or untrained)

I found the same document as you and it turns out it is the switch. The dealer have had my car 4 days and tried to return It to me three times saying it works as it should. Thanks for sharing by the way.

The best lie I got so far is that the wiring inside the vehicle where not designed to work, only the strain under the hood. And they said they confirmed with FCA. (At best an uneducated ignorant tech, at worst a lie)

I got tired of it so I went to the dealer with a volt meter and spent 20 minutes showing them the issue and what the possible solution should be. Turns out I was right.

And FCA has this switch back ordered to end of March so they can’t fix it for a while. I told them to keep the vehicle until it’s fixed.

Can’t wait till the Ford Bronco is released.

JTCO

Meme King
I got tired of it so I went to the dealer with a volt meter and spent 20 minutes showing them the issue and what the possible solution should be. Turns out I was right.

Sad but not surprising you had to do this. This problem is not just with techs, but with our culture in general. People are lazy, don't want to use their brains, then lie about it because they don't want to deal with anything. PeterGibbonsItis.

Camelot

Sad but not surprising you had to do this. This problem is not just with techs, but with our culture in general. People are lazy, don't want to use their brains, then lie about it because they don't want to deal with anything. PeterGibbonsItis.

Yeah it sucks. I don’t blame the tech (yet) I am assuming they did not train him properly and he did not know what he was talking about.

Meanwhile I am driving a Grand Cherokee loaner so I have that going for me :)

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Yeah this turned in to a major pain in the ass. Not a surprise that FCA have shitty service shops but this takes the cake. The switch is of course a minor issue but it shows how crappy the service department is. (Or untrained)

I found the same document as you and it turns out it is the switch. The dealer have had my car 4 days and tried to return It to me three times saying it works as it should. Thanks for sharing by the way.

The best lie I got so far is that the wiring inside the vehicle where not designed to work, only the strain under the hood. And they said they confirmed with FCA. (At best an uneducated ignorant tech, at worst a lie)

And FCA has this switch back ordered to end of March so they can’t fix it for a while. I told them to keep the vehicle until it’s fixed.

Can’t wait till the Ford Bronco is released.

It’s a Jeep not a car and we can’t wait for you to buy your bronco either. Bye Felicia.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Camelot

It’s a Jeep not a car and we can’t wait for you to buy your bronco either. Bye Felicia.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

If I want your opinion I give it to you :thumb:. So you speak for everyone is that how it is? What is your problem? Trying to put anyone in their place that don’t agree with you? Why do you feel your comment is needed? You think that resident SmartAss Tag excuse you from grownup behavior?

If you don’t like a topic you don’t have to come here humping anyone’s leg. Go on to something else instead. Maybe to a topic where your opinion is appreciated.

But you are correct. From a tax view it’s not a car.

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
If I want your opinion I give it to you :thumb:. So you speak for everyone is that how it is? What is your problem? Trying to put anyone in their place that don’t agree with you? Why do you feel your comment is needed? You think that resident SmartAss Tag excuse you from grownup behavior?

If you don’t like a topic you don’t have to come here humping anyone’s leg. Go on to something else instead. Maybe to a topic where your opinion is appreciated.

IMG_9399.JPG

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Me, not at all. I deal with people Like you all the time. But please answer my question, instead of deflecting.

See below twinkle tits.

If I want your opinion I give it to you :thumb:. So you speak for everyone is that how it is?

Yes

What is your problem?

Well, I have a check engine on in one jeep, the other hasn’t been smogged yet, waiting on new shocks for the third jeep and the four has a crappy car cover that was supposed to be the best on the market.

Trying to put anyone in their place that don’t agree with you?

Your place is on the bronco forum and I can’t move your account from here to there. I have some powers but not that many powers.

Why do you feel your comment is needed?

This is an open discussion forum is it not?

You think that resident SmartAss Tag excuse you from grownup behavior?

I think you are jealous that your tag doesn’t say resident douche waffle.

I do like the topic, that’s why I commented on this one and not some others.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Camelot

See below twinkle tits.

Yes

Well, I have a check engine on in one jeep, the other hasn’t been smogged yet, waiting on new shocks for the third jeep and the four has a crappy car cover that was supposed to be the best on the market.

Your place is on the bronco forum and I can’t move your account from here to there. I have some powers but not that many powers.

This is an open discussion forum is it not?

I think you are jealous that your tag doesn’t say resident douche waffle.

I do like the topic, that’s why I commented on this one and not some others.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

So basically you are just a whiny key board warrior. People like you ruin a lot of forums and prevents the owners to properly monetize from their investments since people like you scare of other members. It lowers the value of a forum. (Maybe that’s okay here, only Eddie will know what he wants for his investment)

Still why are you posting in an area you are not interested in? Is it just to make you feel like a big man behind your keyboard? Do you think it improves this forum for other people or do you think it just ruins an area there other people could benefit from info?

Do you think you intimidate me? Is that your goal?

Not sure what your deal is? You look like a keyboard warrior to me but what do I know. Well expect that you like Michelle Obama since you post pictures of her.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
So basically you are just a whiny key board warrior. People like you ruin a lot of forums and prevents the owners to properly monetize from their investments since people like you scare of other members. It lowers the value of a forum. (Maybe that’s okay here, only Eddie will know what he wants for his investment)

Still why are you posting in an area you are not interested in? Is it just to make you feel like a big man behind your keyboard? Do you think it improves this forum for other people or do you think it just ruins an area there other people could benefit from info?

Do you think you intimidate me? Is that your goal?

Not sure what your deal is? You look like a keyboard warrior to me but what do I know. Well expect that you like Michelle Obama since you post pictures of her.

Do I have to answer all these questions too? I feel like I’m in school again.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Do I have to answer all these questions too? I feel like I’m in school again.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Don’t start shit you can’t finish.

So I have to? You didn’t answer my question.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Again, deflecting. So if you want to pick this issue with me, stick to it, don’t deflect.

See above. I asked if I had to answer all your questions and you have deflected since. Please advise.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Camelot

See above. I asked if I had to answer all your questions and you have deflected since. Please advise.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

So it seems you have reached the end of your line. I am not going to argue with you since you now only provide a circular commutation/ reference. Maybe that works on some of the people you harass. I do like to point out something interesting that you might want to look into having searched some of your old posts regarding interstate crimes. Did you know that cyber bullying is a federal issue nowadays?

The most relevant offences are 'harassment' and 'malicious communications'. ... For such an offence to be committed, a message must be sent to another person, or sent via a public communications network, that is indecent, grossly offensive, obscene, threatening or menacing.

Looking forward to follow you in the future.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
So it seems you have reached the end of your line. I am not going to argue with you since you now only provide a circular commutation/ reference. Maybe that works on some of the people you harass. I do like to point out something interesting that you might want to look into having searched some of your old posts regarding interstate crimes. Did you know that cyber bullying is a federal issue nowadays?

The most relevant offences are 'harassment' and 'malicious communications'. ... For such an offence to be committed, a message must be sent to another person, or sent via a public communications network, that is indecent, grossly offensive, obscene, threatening or menacing.

Looking forward to follow you in the future.

Mmmkay

IMG_9400.JPG

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal