Rented a JL today, Death Wobble occurred at least 12 times!

Damien226

I've been tossing around buying a new JL. I noticed the local Avis/Budget had a few JL's in their fleet. Using Costco's travel site, I was able to rent the JL for 8 days for $175 plus taxes and fees for a total of $230.

I felt it was a good investment to get some real world miles in the JL before committing to buying a new one.

My rental is a 2019 JL Sahara V6 with 21k miles.

I picked up the JL and we went to grab some food. With in the first 20 minutes of driving, I was greeted by the confidence inspiring Death Wobble (DW) at 70 mph. The DW seems to present itself at most all junctions between asphalt roadway and concrete over passes.

I passed by the rental location, which was then closed, and found a 2020 Sahara 4cyl that was just returned. I'll return tomorrow morning and exchanged the Jeep in hopes the 2020 will be better.

I understand there is a TSB for DW which is remedied by replacing the track bar.... but how many owners of stock Jeep are plagued by the DW?

I had the same issue with my 2018 Jeep. I called the dealership and turns out there is a recall. Fixed the wobble. I would call a dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro