VIDEO : Seat Mounted Flashlight Holder for the JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll admit it, this was totally an impulse buy and one you can thank Rob from Quadratec for. Like so many of you, I get all their emailers and of course, enjoy watching their videos and when I saw their seat mounted flashlight holder, I knew I had to have one for both my Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. In fact, way back in the day, I installed something very similar to it on all my JK Wranglers using a universal Mag light mount. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install the Quadratec holder on a JL or JT, with just a 3mm allen wrench and if you have a JK, I'll even show you how you can make your own mount, just like I did and all for about $10.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Quadratec Flashlight Holder for a JL Wrangler/JT Gladiator
• 3mm Allen Wrench

For JK WRANGLER Owners
See JK WRANGLER Write-Up: https://bit.ly/2VlkVSz
Universal MagLight Mount Kit: https://amzn.to/38XroqQ
MagLite Flashlight: https://amzn.to/2SZeu6c

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20200225140036-bc017c0d-me.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Nice. I'll have to add it to the list. I see you're trying to increase the decibel levels off of your workshop table.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That's a pretty cool design. With regards to the instal, it can't really get any easier than that. If I ever get my other nonsense sorted out, I'll start a new wish list with these brackets.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a pretty cool design. With regards to the instal, it can't really get any easier than that. If I ever get my other nonsense sorted out, I'll start a new wish list with these brackets.

So hope you'll be able to get things worked out.

frenchjk

Simple and to the point...now to buy the JL SWB 2.0 turbo engine or 2.2 turbo diesel (I'm in Europe: no V6 and it's a JLU anyways) I'm still on the fence for the engine....:idontknow::idontknow:

Camelot

I like the mount but the flashlight it’s made for is obsolete years ago. Even with LEDs it’s more like a candle. If I recall correctly the large LED Maglite is less than 150 lumens. Not even the old timers at my station carry these anymore. You get 800 - 1000 lumens out of a small light today that you can keep in a leg pocket.

One plus for the Maglite is that you can use it as a baton :thumb:

Would love a mount for the same location for a modern flashlight.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I like the mount but the flashlight it’s made for is obsolete years ago. Even with LEDs it’s more like a candle. If I recall correctly the large LED Maglite is less than 150 lumens. Not even the old timers at my station carry these anymore. You get 800 - 1000 lumens out of a small light today that you can keep in a leg pocket.

Maglite ML300L Specs

Screenshot_20200226-174043_Chrome.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Who cares what flashlight he uses? I’ve had one of those for 30 years. I’ve owned brighter lights, but never another that lasted so long.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

I’ll second that^^^

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Who gives a fuck what kind of light he uses? The video is about a mount not about a light.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: For the love of god, it's a frickin flashlight. All I need it to do is provide some light when it's dark out and without having to fumble around in the dark digging through my glove box or center console. Hi-Lift jacks were developed over 125 years ago and there are lighter and more modern solutions available today. And yet, just about every Jeep I see has one mounted on their hood or tailgate. It's just a farm jack that can be helpful on the trail. Not that I expect anyone to care but I do specifically state that I have an LED version and call me crazy but it seems pretty bright to me. :crazyeyes: