Ordering from factory. Need advice

coderedh

The time is almost upon me to purchase my JLUR! I have yet to find the options I want at a dealership without the extras I.e. safety sensors, leather seats, etc... I am seriously considering ordering from factory to get exactly what I want. I mean if I am shelling out 50K I might as well get what I want. I do know there is a few months wait after placing the order, but my question is at what point is ordering from factory no longer an option for a 2020? I am looking at August or September to purchase and the 2021s will be rolling out shortly after. If I order in late May to mid June is a 2020 still a viable option?

Dale72

Caught the Bug
The time is almost upon me to purchase my JLUR! I have yet to find the options I want at a dealership without the extras I.e. safety sensors, leather seats, etc... I am seriously considering ordering from factory to get exactly what I want. I mean if I am shelling out 50K I might as well get what I want. I do know there is a few months wait after placing the order, but my question is at what point is ordering from factory no longer an option for a 2020? I am looking at August or September to purchase and the 2021s will be rolling out shortly after. If I order in late May to mid June is a 2020 still a viable option?
You can go to Jeep's website and build What you want and then print it out and take it to your local dealer

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can order, that would be the way to go. It's the only real way to get everything you want and nothing you don't want.

coderedh

Why not just wait for the 21s? Other circumstances aside, if I was ordering so late in the year I’d prefer one if the first 21s over one of the last 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I was beginning to think the same thing. I wouldn’t imagine Jeep will change too much as the JL has only been in production for 3 years. Waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

kcn2vb

If your buying in August or September and ordering it's a 2021 model. Like was previously said around June 1st 2020 model year orders cease. There is potential the stop the ordering earlier, but that's typically only when a larger set of changes is coming to that model.

Sent from my LM-V405 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app