RUGGED RIDGE JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL

BBDOC

I would love to buy these. I’m not sure why it is taking them so long to make production. Supposedly, they are having issues with the lights for DOT. Confusing, as they were able to start selling their whole fender option. I spoke to a few of the Reps at a couple different events and keep getting different reasons and release schedules. I Really want these and hopefully they will be out soon. Tired of waiting :-(

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would love to buy these. I’m not sure why it is taking them so long to make production. Supposedly, they are having issues with the lights for DOT. Confusing, as they were able to start selling their whole fender option. I spoke to a few of the Reps at a couple different events and keep getting different reasons and release schedules. I Really want these and hopefully they will be out soon. Tired of waiting :-(

It really is a bummer that it's taking so long. I was under the impression that the whole virus thing was the issue. Anything made over in China has been pushed back it seems.

jamrock

If you look at the prototype at SEMA, it included a replacement part for the bottom of the fender. Eddie cut his to size during the installation. It would be good if that replacement part were available for purchase. Not everyone will be comfortable cutting through the fender like that. Secondly, a replacement part would look more finished.

BBDOC

Message received from RR states that the Rubicon version will be out in July and the Sport and Sahara will be out by September. Hopefully they actually stick to that date. I would totally take a preproduction model like Eddies if offered sooner[emoji106]

StingRubi19

Message received from RR states that the Rubicon version will be out in July and the Sport and Sahara will be out by September. Hopefully they actually stick to that date. I would totally take a preproduction model like Eddies if offered sooner[emoji106]

Good to know! I really want to get a set of these. Be nice to have a bit of a different look from everyone else's JL/JT around me for a while.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

I just noticed that the drl glass is recessed behind the bracket's front lip. Can anyone tell why?
Is it supposed to block light shining down towards the ground (doesnt make sense to me but is the only effect I can see)

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered a pair from American labs. I’ll post up once installed. I appreciate the American made product and their response so far to my dumb inquires has been really good. Giving them a try. Cool stuff

LOL - Nothing wrong with the lights they make and cool that you decided to go with them but in case you missed it, I started this thread to highlight what I chose to go with. Perhaps you could start your own thread to highlight what YOU chose to go with. Just a though :cool: