Wheel untucked?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They won't stick out too much. If you went with any more back spacing, you'd most likely start to see rubbing.

JTCO

Meme King
I just ordered 17 x 9 rims with 4.75 backspace and a negative offset of 6mm I'm putting 315x70r17 duratracs on my 2020 jl sport s how much will they stick out?

I'm running the exact same tires on my Gladiator Sport S but the rims are 17 x 8 with 4.5 inches of backspacing.

Because I have the Max Tow package, I believe the axles are 1.5 inches wider than the ones on your Sport S JL (.75 inches wider on each side).

Currently the very edge of the tire sidewall sticks out a total of 3 inches beyond the fenders. If I calculate the math correctly, I believe that your tires will stick out 2 inches beyond the fenders on each side. I hope my math is correct.

DSC07158.jpg

DSC07159.jpg

DSC07157.jpg

DSC07160.jpg

Jimc65

Thanks for the info. Thanks for the detailed answer. I love this site we can get so much info from all the experience here.
Cheers
Jim
I'm running the exact same tires on my Gladiator Sport S but the rims are 17 x 8 with 4.5 inches of backspacing.

Because I have the Max Tow package, I believe the axles are 1.5 inches wider than the ones on your Sport S JL (.75 inches wider on each side).

Currently the very edge of the tire sidewall sticks out a total of 3 inches beyond the fenders. If I calculate the math correctly, I believe that your tires will stick out 2 inches beyond the fenders on each side. I hope my math is correct.

View attachment 15031

View attachment 15032

View attachment 15033

View attachment 15034

Sent from my SM-G965W using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Kgrass

I am getting ready to purchase new wheels and tires and have some concerns with how much tire will stick out. Looking to purchase a 20” wheel with a 4.5 back space, mounted on a 35”X12.5 tire.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

JTCO

Meme King
I am getting ready to purchase new wheels and tires and have some concerns with how much tire will stick out. Looking to purchase a 20” wheel with a 4.5 back space, mounted on a 35”X12.5 tire.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

What Brand and model are you looking at purchasing?