JL JOURNAL : RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL - INSTALL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back at the 2018 SEMA Show, Rugged Ridge debuted an awesome new set of replacement daytime running lights or DRL and ones that were specifically designed for a chopped or trimmed factory fenders on a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator Truck. Unfortunately, it would take them a whole year to finally put them into production but just as promised, they sent us one of the very first sets for and testing. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy they are to install as well as just how cool they really look once installed.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 10mm Socket
• 8mm Socket
• 4mm Allen Wrench or Bit
• Torx T-20 Bit
• Torx T-30 Bit
• Trim Pry Tool
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Wire Cutting Dykes
• Utility Knife
• Dremel w/ Cutoff Wheel
• File
• Blue Painters Tape
• Zip Ties
• Rubbing Alcohol

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20200217125739-e1ba8d88-me.jpg

CalSgt

Those definitely look great, I may need to get a set when they are available to the rest of us :thumb:

I manage to break at least one fender clip every time I pop a fender off... Wish someone would sell them in bulk packs for a better price then I've found them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome. Those things look so clean.

Thanks! I really do like how they look totally factory. :yup:

Yeeess! They look great. Definitely want these for my JT.

They really are nice. :cool:

Those definitely look great, I may need to get a set when they are available to the rest of us :thumb:

I manage to break at least one fender clip every time I pop a fender off... Wish someone would sell them in bulk packs for a better price then I've found them.

LOL - I feel your pain. I get lucky some times but like you, I break at least one more times than not. I've bought these clips https://amzn.to/321XK0Z

They do require some modification of the fender to make work - essentially, widen the center hole a bit but otherwise, they work fine and cost a lot less than Mopar :icon_crazy:

Stuff

Wow, these look great! :thumb:

/adds another thing to the mod list that I'll probably never get to. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, these look great! :thumb:

/adds another thing to the mod list that I'll probably never get to. :D

LOL - never say never. :yup:

Those look really good!

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Thanks! I was super impressed with what I saw at SEMA the last couple of years but wasn't sure how they'd look once they were in production. I have to say, I really am super happy with how they look. Totally factory.

Just watched the video this morning, they look super clean! I know you said it in the video that you’re going to keep the inner fender liner, have you ever thought about going aftermarket? Just would like your opinion on it. Also do you know the price point for these?

Spack

Thanks for the install video. As you did, I’ve been waiting for these since last Sema. There was something I didn’t like about the AVL lights. And I liked how you kept the inner fender, I didn’t like the idea of taking it out our adding aftermarket inner liners. Outstanding job!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app