JL JOURNAL : RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL - INSTALL

drhcobra

Thanks for the install video. As you did, I’ve been waiting for these since last Sema. There was something I didn’t like about the AVL lights. And I liked how you kept the inner fender, I didn’t like the idea of taking it out our adding aftermarket inner liners. Outstanding job!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What was it you didn’t like about AAL vs these?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the video this morning, they look super clean! I know you said it in the video that you’re going to keep the inner fender liner, have you ever thought about going aftermarket? Just would like your opinion on it. Also do you know the price point for these?

Sorry, never really been a fan of aftermarket fender liners. IF I needed to remove the factory ones for any reason, it'd be for something like coilovers. Not sure about price point but I'd can almost guarantee you that it'll be more affordable than what the competition out there is selling theirs for.

I really like how they look. I still have the stock fenders.

They really do have a nice factory look to them. :yup:

Those look really nice! Looking forward to them coming to market sometime soon. Any idea when?

Unfortunately, I don't know when but it should be soon now. We wouldn't have gotten these if they weren't almost ready to go with them.

Those look really nice. Like the way you trimmed and kept the liners.

Thanks! I've been slowly cutting them away to accommodate things like our coilovers and now the DRLs but making sure to keep as much of them in place as I can :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the install video. As you did, I’ve been waiting for these since last Sema. There was something I didn’t like about the AVL lights. And I liked how you kept the inner fender, I didn’t like the idea of taking it out our adding aftermarket inner liners. Outstanding job!

Being able to keep the inner fender liners or at least, most of it was definitely a feature that I LOVE about these Rugged Ridge DRLs. I have to say that I also really love how they designed their brackets with the base and lower lip or edge on them. It really helps to complete and define the DRLs in a factory kind of way. :yup:

MrGiant

Cool DRLs and detailed video. What I dont like has something to do with the fender liners, which I think is good to keep. The transition from the DRL to the outer black framing of the fender is not that nice looking so far. But this is hard to fix....really hard
Anyway, the chopped look from the front looks amazing!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if I missed it in the video but do the RR ones give that error for removing the factory DRLs? I ended up with just going with AEVs prosnap and not the Tazer so I dont think I'd be able to eliminate that.

I've been told that production kits will NOT have the bulb error.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I just spoke with Rugged Ridge and got some info on when these will be available and what they'll most likely MSRP for. Rubicon DRL brackets will start shipping late April and ones for Sport/Sahara will ship early June. Expected price point will be $299.

Danny

Wow Eddie you did it again. Your drl’s are a game changer for me. Way better than stock. I sometimes felt the oem look was unfinished. Don’t be surprised if Mopar “updates” a new design because of these. I’m sure they are watching. Great job.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Eddie you did it again. Your drl’s are a game changer for me. Way better than stock. I sometimes felt the oem look was unfinished. Don’t be surprised if Mopar “updates” a new design because of these. I’m sure they are watching. Great job.

LOL - thanks! I really do like how they look so factory :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like them but I'm just going to do their entire new fenders since I haven't split mine yet. [emoji16]

Sent via....

LOL - good call. They looked really clean and are a great option especially for people who don't have Rubicon fenders. Heck, even if you do have Rubicon Fenders, they still sit a bit higher and give you the slim DRLs :yup: