Thread: 2018 Uconnect will not turn off

2018 Uconnect will not turn off

I have a 2018 JLUR with the 8.4 head unit and have a tazer mini connected. Today the unit froze and will not turn off even when I turn off the car. I have disconnected the battery and forgot it has a backup, so it still will not turn off. Anyone experiencing this before. Will call the dealership in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hooked
    Disconnect the tazer mini and see if that helps. I would do that before I call the dealer

Have you tried using the Tazer to perform a FULL REBOOT? Definitely worth a try.

I had this happen once. The backlight turned full bright even though headlights were on and rest of lights were dimmed. When I shut off the car the backlight remained full bright but radio was off so screen was black. I disconnected the grounds on the body, the positive on the main battery, and then the positive for the aux batter in the fuse box. This shutdown power completely and when I connected everything it was working back to normal.
    2018 JLUR with 8.4 but no Tazer

^^^this ^^^ was my situation last night. Got up this morning and it started and the unit was back to normal. I was going to disconnect the tazer and go to the dealership today but not now. Iíll call and ask about it and see what they say. Thanks so much to you guys for all the support! Iíll update if anything different comes up.

Fresh Catch

Fuse

Is there a way to pull a particular fuse instead of disconnecting grounds and batteries?

Also, I read on some forums to ensure all the fuses and relays and pressed in and firmly seated.

I think there is a fuse for the radio but I donít think that worked to shut off my backlight. Pretty sure thatís why I disconnected the battery.

After all of this I was wondering if it was a glitch or the radio got caught trying to do an update or something. Since then Iíve also had two software updates to the radio.

I went in and made sure all my fuses were seated. Found a YouTube video for older models that said pressing the stereo on/off and the channel button for thirty seconds while the car is on and then turn off the car. That would reboot the radio. Doubt if that fixed it, but still normal all day today. Called the dealership and they want me to bring it in so they can run diagnostics on it. Not sure Iím going to do that.