Drag link shot?

ReneXXC

I noticed this noise about a month ago when it was raining. I figured just some moisture had gotten in there and I sprayed it with WD-40 and the noise went away. It’s a lot worse now has anyone had this issue before?

https://youtu.be/Jt5rk8PsCVg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
I noticed this noise about a month ago when it was raining. I figured just some moisture had gotten in there and I sprayed it with WD-40 and the noise went away. It’s a lot worse now has anyone had this issue before?

Being that it's visually popping, the joint is probably bad. But I've never heard a noise like that from a drag link end. Sure it's not a track bar bushing making the noise?

ReneXXC

Being that it's visually popping, the joint is probably bad. But I've never heard a noise like that from a drag link end. Sure it's not a track bar bushing making the noise?

I installed a Rancho adjustable front track bar. It’s only a couple months old. I only hear that noise after a decent rainfall.

I will replace the drag link right away. Is it safe to drive with the drag link like that?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I installed a Rancho adjustable front track bar. It’s only a couple months old. I only hear that noise after a decent rainfall.

I will replace the drag link right away. Is it safe to drive with the drag link like that?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Is it under warranty? That drag link play doesn't look that bad. I've driven on worse. But the sooner the better. Hopefully you'll feel your steering tighten up a little too.

ReneXXC

Good call on the Synergy drag link. While you could have gotten the OE one replaced under warranty, the Synergy is much better.

Ya I might as well upgrade. Can the OEM be removed without a pickle fork?

Ya I might as well upgrade. Can the OEM be removed without a pickle fork?

Since it’s junk, yeah. If you were trying to save it though it would help. You might want one anyway just so you don’t mangle something else prying it out.

ReneXXC

Since it’s junk, yeah. If you were trying to save it though it would help. You might want one anyway just so you don’t mangle something else prying it out.

Good point. First I will give it a good try without one [emoji6]

ReneXXC

Well......I found the culprit making all the noise. It is the Synergy Sector shaft brace. I went over all the joints on the whole vehicle and sprayed them with some silicone spray one by one and tested. Once I sprayed the sleeve on the sector shaft brace where it links up to the steering it stopped making the noise. Im going to check the torque on all the bolts.

JTCO

Meme King
Well......I found the culprit making all the noise. It is the Synergy Sector shaft brace. I went over all the joints on the whole vehicle and sprayed them with some silicone spray one by one and tested. Once I sprayed the sleeve on the sector shaft brace where it links up to the steering it stopped making the noise. Im going to check the torque on all the bolts.

Weird. But at least you found it. I had an aftermarket track bar on my WJ a few years back that would make a weird noise like that when turning. Bolt was always tight, but something made the noise occur. A little bit of lube sprayed on the bushing made the noise disappear as well.

ReneXXC

Weird. But at least you found it. I had an aftermarket track bar on my WJ a few years back that would make a weird noise like that when turning. Bolt was always tight, but something made the noise occur. A little bit of lube sprayed on the bushing made the noise disappear as well.

I also Installed the Synergy drag link today. What a difference compared to OEM lol