A Gladiator Named Yondu

StingRubi19

Finally got my Gladiator ordered last week. 8 to 10 weeks cant come soon enough!

Hydro blue is what I couldn't pass up and I can thank the wife for the name "Yondu" (from guardians of the galaxy) I though that was a clever one so its sticking lol.

So far the parts list will include a Mopar lift, 17" Black Rhino Kelso wheels, 37" Coopers, Evo 1/4 pounder, Warn Zeon 10s, Baja Designs LP6s, and Rugged Ridge Soft Folding tonneau cover. Will post photos when it arrives.

I cant wait! 20200210_080437.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Sweet! Congrats! :thumb: Best color out there. Were you able to get the trailer brake controller? And you decided for the folding cover vs the rolling cover?

StingRubi19

StingRubi19

Congrats! Looking forward to following the build.
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it put together.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Congratulation's on your new Gladiator
Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Awesome, can't wait to see it :thumb:
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to get my first truck and even more excited that it will still be a Jeep!

StingRubi19

Ok. I have to ask, where did the name “Yondu” come from?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I mentioned in the original post.

Have you seen Gardians of the Galaxy? Hes the leader of a clan of ravagers. The guy with blue skin who captures Peter Quill and raises him to be a ravager. So my wife thought "blue guy.... blue jeep... Yondu! That's what you should call it!" Lol

StingRubi19

Parts arriving and parts ordered. I do have my wheels. Bumper, lift, and lights are on order. I'm thinking about powder coating the 1/4 pounder the same color as the wheels. Think the battleship grey/sting grey with the hydro would look real nice. 20200217_164642.jpeg20200217_164210.jpeg

StingRubi19

More parts arriving. Tires, lights, and bumper have arrived. I had a bit of trouble finding a powder coat that is somewhat similar to Sting Gray, but i think I found a good match.

Tomorrow I'm going to mount the quarter pounder on my wrangler, drill the holes for my lights then send it off to get powder coated.

I was really disappointed in the shape my Dring mounts arrived. They were wrapped together in the box rather than separately and were all chipped and scratched up, had black paint chips all over in the box. I know they're just d rings but I'd at least like them to be new looking before I put them on the jeep. Be nice if these could be ordered bare as well. 20200313_151713.jpeg20200313_145511.jpegScreenshot_20200313-165512_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20200313-165504_Instagram.jpeg

MrGiant

Ohhhh lovely! Do you really need those LP6s? I could take good care of them...[emoji6]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

StingRubi19

Ohhhh lovely! Do you really need those LP6s? I could take good care of them...[emoji6]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
Lol these LP6s are probably the parts I'm most excited to put on! Cant wait to light up these country roads with them.
Nice update. Any idea when the Jeep will arrive?
My salesman said its scheduled to ship by the end of the month. I'll be getting ahold of him around then for another update.

MrGiant

My fingers are crossed you can receive it soon and start building it

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

StingRubi19

My fingers are crossed you can receive it soon and start building it

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
Mine as well. With all these parts around it's hard to just look at them and not have a jeep to install them on lol!

I think Prismatic's stormy grey will be a close enough match to Jeeps sting gray. Now to get her powder coated. Holes are drilled where the LP6s will go as well. Resized_20200314_112912.jpeg

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
You have an impressive list of parts arriving. Looks like you will be busy for awhile when your Gladiator arrives.