A Gladiator Named Yondu

MrGiant

Are those axles stock? The diff covers make them seem UDs....
I would at least take it to the dealer so he takes it to the files, just in case.
Checking weld penetration is pretty difficult since the axle is built in. I can only imagine some kind of x ray or computertomography to check it without stripping this weld and renew it afterwards.
Keep us posted!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

StingRubi19

Are those axles stock? The diff covers make them seem UDs....
I would at least take it to the dealer so he takes it to the files, just in case.
Checking weld penetration is pretty difficult since the axle is built in. I can only imagine some kind of x ray or computertomography to check it without stripping this weld and renew it afterwards.
Keep us posted!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
Yes. They are the stock JT axles. I just added the spicer diff covers. I think I will take it in and see what they say about it.
If they’re willing to inspect at no charge to you, might as well. They’ve already been under investigation for messing up frame welds on the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I can probably get them to take a look at it free of charge. They're usually pretty good to me since I've boughton numerous jeeps from them. Shitty that jeep would let something like that ship out the door unless they really think its fine.. [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

StingRubi19

So I did some wiring for the Baja Design LP6s tonight. I got the high hooked up to AUX 1 and lows hooked up to AUX 2. Everything I find says to hook up the yellow back light wire to the DRL circut but I'm not exactly sure where the location of this is. Anyone with some wiring experience help me out? (Fyi - wiring is like learning another language to me lol)

MrGiant

So I did some wiring for the Baja Design LP6s tonight. I got the high hooked up to AUX 1 and lows hooked up to AUX 2. Everything I find says to hook up the yellow back light wire to the DRL circut but I'm not exactly sure where the location of this is. Anyone with some wiring experience help me out? (Fyi - wiring is like learning another language to me lol)

I cannot help you with the DRL circuit but the way you wired high and low is exactly what I would do, but these are soooooo expensive

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

StingRubi19

I cannot help you with the DRL circuit but the way you wired high and low is exactly what I would do, but these are soooooo expensive

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
They are well worth the money. These things are insanely bright! Put my Rigid Industries set up I had on my JK to shame.

I had it changed up a bit and put the lows on 1 and put in a relay and the highs come on switch 3. Figured that way I could save switch 2 for something else down the road.

MrGiant

They are well worth the money. These things are insanely bright! Put my Rigid Industries set up I had on my JK to shame.

I had it changed up a bit and put the lows on 1 and put in a relay and the highs come on switch 3. Figured that way I could save switch 2 for something else down the road.

I had an idea to use a relay setup to realize the 3 options of illumination with two aux switches, nothing coupled with a stock lighting circuit.
Then I thought about the use of these and found that I dont even get to use the high beam of the headlights several times a year

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

StingRubi19

I had an idea to use a relay setup to realize the 3 options of illumination with two aux switches, nothing coupled with a stock lighting circuit.
Then I thought about the use of these and found that I dont even get to use the high beam of the headlights several times a year

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
I drive a lot of back roads on my way to work so I see next to zero for traffic at 5AM.

aust249

StingRubi19

Not a whole lot of new mods added lately but I had the front windows and windshield tinted and put the Pixeldecals hood dome decal on. Boy do I not have the patience for installing large decals.... theyre a PITA! LOL

I see Baja came out with a LED light for the reflectors on the back bumper so that will probably be added next. Still waiting for Rugged Ridge to come out with their fender LED as well. Overall I'm just loving the use of having a bed on my Jeep.

20200914_082949.jpeg20200914_083628.jpeg

JTCO

Meme King
Not a whole lot of new mods added lately but I had the front windows and windshield tinted and put the Pixeldecals hood dome decal on. Boy do I not have the patience for installing large decals.... theyre a PITA! LOL

I see Baja came out with a LED light for the reflectors on the back bumper so that will probably be added next. Still waiting for Rugged Ridge to come out with their fender LED as well. Overall I'm just loving the use of having a bed on my Jeep.

Decal looks great. Man, I just looked up those lights. They look clean.

Whitarmy

View attachment 16174View attachment 16176

Kinda wishing I went blue now. Looks awesome

2008 JKU
2014 JKR
2020 JTR

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

View attachment 16174View attachment 16176

Truck looks great.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

StingRubi19

So I think I've mentioned before I can be a little slow when it comes to installing new parts but today I finally got around to having my Baja lights put on the rear bumper.

These lil suckers pack quite a punch! I'm amazed at how well they light up behind the jeep. I'll post a picture tomorrow of the spread they put out, but for now heres a picture of them on the JT.
Edit: and yes there is plenty of wire that comes with the kit.

20201205_095518.jpegIMG_20201205_130138_860.jpeg