Rookie lift question

Jimc65

I'm buying a 2020 JL 2 door and I am looking at lifts and I am a little overwhelmed with the choices. The jeep will be used for daily driver not offroading I am lifting it with 315 Duratracs just for the look I want. These are my choices so far. Any advice?
Teraflex 2.5" budget boost
Rancho 2"
Mopar 2" with fox shocks

Thanks
Jim

JTCO

Meme King
I'm buying a 2020 JL 2 door and I am looking at lifts and I am a little overwhelmed with the choices. The jeep will be used for daily driver not offroading I am lifting it with 315 Duratracs just for the look I want. These are my choices so far. Any advice?
Rancho 2"
Mopar 2" with fox shocks

Thanks
Jim

Teraflex has a horrible reputation for quality. I wouldn't run it if it were free.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rancho 2"
Mopar 2" with fox shocks

Thanks
Jim

As mentioned, I would steer clear of TeraFlex and based on first hand personal experience. Mopar makes a nice kit but you should know that it'll yield closer to 3" of lift and you may find that you have some spring bow up front. Not really a big deal but it should be noted. Also, being that it uses monotube shocks, you will have a firmer ride. Some people love this, some don't. With all that said, I personally would recommend the Rancho kit and again, this is based on personal experience.

Camelot

I installed the Rancho 2” kit after recommendations on here. So far it seems good although the rear seems to have gotten more lift than the front?

I installed it at home using jack stands. Not ideal but it worked. Pain in the rear to Torque up to 190 Lbs while laying on the floor :)

Polaris Pro

I installed the Rancho 2” kit after recommendations on here. So far it seems good although the rear seems to have gotten more lift than the front?

I installed it at home using jack stands. Not ideal but it worked. Pain in the rear to Torque up to 190 Lbs while laying on the floor :)

How much more in the rear? I’m going to probably get this lift also, but am wondering about spacers up front to prevent too much rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The coils will settle a bit so hold off a bit before you start fixing things up front. Also, try loading some gear in the back, I think you'll see that your jeep sits good afterward.

Camelot

It’s about 3/4” difference with higher rear.

Yeah, ARB drawer going in this weekend and then all my tools and recovery gear will be in there. Not that I need one but I am throwing in a 37 QT ARB freezer as well. Makes it easier to stay drunk while driving ;)