2.0 turbo.... what are your thoughts?

Unfortunately, after using as daily driver, tons of mods and wheeling it pretty hard since I bought it...I regret getting the 2.0L eTorque. For those who have 2020 you don't have the etorque so some of my issues you don't have to worry about. Considering they moved the etorque to the V6...I wouldn't buy that one either.
If you don't wheel your Jeep, the 2.0L etorque could turn out to be best of all.

Many pro's, only time will tell.

Con's: 1) Presently you cannot do V8 swap on 2.0L etorque.
2) 48v system. Too many failure points. Ex. coolant lines that run along frame rail are only 2" from exhaust. Yes they are wrapped in a protective loom, but if exhaust is hit, nothing is stopping exhaust from pinning against lines. I know...it happened!!
3) Engine reliability. Like other manuf's new engines require years of R&D.
Somethings are just unknown. I could give long list of examples with other vehicles but I wont bother. I'll give one.
Fords diesel 6.2L We have had five engine replacements in our F550. Ford has known about many of the issues, however did not disclose.
To name one, where coolant would eat holes in aluminum from the pressure or any foreign matter in the system. Like sand. Did you know that sand from the casting is still inside and does not get completely removed before assy? The nonsense that goes on with all manuf's is insane. But they need to make a profit so the consumer pays the price. Anyway I digress.
Many of you could explain alot more about this than myself. Sorry for the rant!!

Unfortunately, after using as daily driver, tons of mods and wheeling it pretty hard since I bought it...I regret getting the 2.0L eTorque. For those who have 2020 you don't have the etorque so some of my issues you don't have to worry about. Considering they moved the etorque to the V6...I wouldn't buy that one either.
If you don't wheel your Jeep, the 2.0L etorque could turn out to be best of all.

Many pro's, only time will tell.

Con's: 1) Presently you cannot do V8 swap on 2.0L etorque.
2) 48v system. Too many failure points. Ex. coolant lines that run along frame rail are only 2" from exhaust. Yes they are wrapped in a protective loom, but if exhaust is hit, nothing is stopping exhaust from pinning against lines. I know...it happened!!
3) Engine reliability. Like other manuf's new engines require years of R&D.
Somethings are just unknown. I could give long list of examples with other vehicles but I wont bother. I'll give one.
Fords diesel 6.2L We have had five engine replacements in our F550. Ford has known about many of the issues, however did not disclose.
To name one, where coolant would eat holes in aluminum from the pressure or any foreign matter in the system. Like sand. Did you know that sand from the casting is still inside and does not get completely removed before assy? The nonsense that goes on with all manuf's is insane. But they need to make a profit so the consumer pays the price. Anyway I digress.
Many of you could explain alot more about this than myself. Sorry for the rant!!

I started another thread after checking out my friends 2.0 while installing his evo lift and said the same thing here and actually posted about it. Someone run these this motor up to 50k miles and run a bore scope over the intake valves PLEASE . Until then I'm skeptical.

I had an Audi 2L v4 turbo. They’d been making them for years & it still started to shit the bed @ 45K. Burning oil, hi temps, high pressure fuel line issues. no replacement for displacement.

JTCO

Meme King
Did a 4 hour road trip today and my wife wanted me to drive. It's really the first time I've spent this much time driving it. Powerful little fucker. Really fun to drive.