New JL Wax to use

GrayRubi

My Rubicon is 3 months old now.
I'd like to put my first coat of wax on it and I'd like some recommendations.

I'd like a good wax that doesn't turn the black fender plastic white, and that also won't effect the
RUBICON emblem on the hood.

Appreciate any help with my selection of wax.

Thanks-

CalSgt

I use Meguiare's Gold, and use care not to smear it on my black trim... The few spots that I did get on my trim wiped up easily.

It didn't seem to alter the look of the hood decal. If you clay bar avoid the decals.

Jeep1941

Ok I clean all my vehicles and I like to protect them so here is a 2 stage that you can do for your jeep and love the look Jescar is a sealant which you do first and the collinte is a wax that you put on next 20200202_124554.jpeg20200202_124626.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I also use the Collonite wax but the Chemical guys make some great stuff I hear. I may give their products a try

JTCO

Meme King
Ok I clean all my vehicles and I like to protect them so here is a 2 stage that you can do for your jeep and love the look Jescar is a sealant which you do first and the collinte is a wax that you put on next

You been watching Obsessed Garage or Pan the Organizer? Lol. They both use that method. I tried it as well. It does bring out a pretty shine.

Piginajeep

I want to know how to clean the frame and axles and make them pretty like the top.

In the past I just sprayed it down with WD40, but it’s a dirt magnet.., umm

CheaperJeeperTV

cleaning and sealing

I use a foam canon. I low cost one off of amazon, and it works great.
I follow up with a product called P&S Bead Maker....its referred to as a sealant, but does a great job leaving a smooth shine.

camashutchins

Any time I apply wax I will clay bar it first. Unless I am feeling lazy, then I just wax it. ;) Clay is pretty cool stuff but I will only use the real clay. The artificial clay like that is on a pad like Griot's, tends to make fine scratches so I avoid it. Stick with real clay.