Tail lights on jL

Blacklab788

I had my factory led tail lights switched out to aftermarket led taillights, I had them installed and when I got into the Jeep on my dash it says warning turn signals out, but the turn signals work but are going super fast inside, what is my next move? I asked the manufacturer to send replacement out thinking the resistor is bad inside of the tail light

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What you're seeing is typical of an LED install on a non-LED Jeep. As you've assumed, your not getting enough resistance and so your Jeep thinks you've got a blown bulb.

CalSgt

I think with a Taser programmer you can set weather you have LED or not in the computer... Not sure if the setting is for the whole jeep or if you can set them by pairs

Blacklab788

Led tail lights

What you're seeing is typical of an LED install on a non-LED Jeep. As you've assumed, your not getting enough resistance and so your Jeep thinks you've got a blown bulb.

My head lights on my jL are led and fog lights and I assumed the tail lights are led,

13_gecko_rubi

The factory led tail lamps have “health monitor” feedback signals. So when u swapped aftermarket ones in they won’t have those. You actually need to change your tail lamp type to halogen first using tazer then to led again using tazer. The tazer is set up when switching from halogen to led it will drop the current reading threshold but it won’t enable the health monitor lines. Give that a try. If u don’t own a tazer check with them first but I’m fairly sure that’s how Joe described it to me.

Alternative is to set them to halogen and add a load resistor so u don’t trip the signal.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app