Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL Install - Jeep JL Wrangler/JT Gladiator Truck

JL JOURNAL : RUGGED RIDGE AmFib SNORKEL Install - Jeep JL Wrangler/JT Gladiator Truck

As any self-respecting overlander knows, you need a snorkel to complete a good overland build and when Rugged Ridge first debuted their AmFib Snorkel for the Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator Truck at the 2018 SEMA Show, everyone and their mother wanted to get their hands on one. Why you might ask? Well, unlike most snorkel kits, the AmFib requires no cutting of the hood or of any body panel for that matter and it requires very little modification to get it installed. Also, Rugged Ridge designed the AmFib to be installed in two different configurations, as a Low Mount cowl intake that looks totally factory and as a High Mount intake that gives it a traditional snorkel look that most people are familiar with. In this video, you'll see just how quick and easy it is to get one on your JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator.

Oh, and because I know it's coming, yes, I know what the 3rd rubber fitting under the air box is for. I just had a brain fart

BUY a NEW WAYALIFE Hoodie: https://bit.ly/2NkJ5rn

See More Pics of the Rugged Ridge AmFib Snorkel Installed:
    https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...-AmFib-SNORKEL

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
    AmFib Low/High Mount Snorkel System #17756.31
    8, 10mm Socket
    Torx Bit T-20, T-30, T-40
    4mm Allen Wrench
    3/8" Wrench
    Flathead Screwdriver
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Ratchet
    Ratchet Extension
    Drill
    Unibit
    Dremel w/Cutoff Wheel
    Utility Knife
    RTV

TOOLS YOU MAY WANT TO BUY
    Milwaukee Drill : https://amzn.to/3a227wz
    Milwaukee Ratchet : https://amzn.to/2RaT7MT
    Dremel : https://amzn.to/37X3Cdx
    Tekton Bit Set : https://bit.ly/2t9gFcY
    Unibit : https://amzn.to/37ZZglT

Great video

Awesome video.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37s
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40s
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Great video
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Awesome video.
    Thanks guys, we appreciate it

Another great video. Something else to add to the list

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Awesome video as always. Great looking product as well, seems well made and love that it's reversible without having to cut anything major (like the hood.). IMHO, also looks cleaner than the mopar/aev style. One note, AEV recommended NOT sealing those holes for the average consumer, as they will allow water to drain on it's own, and for most casual wheelers, unless you're going to park/sit/get stuck under water, they pose no risk remaining open. Sealing it only lets the water drain when you open the valve....so my question/concern is, if you're driving at 75mph from say.....carson city to maine lol, through a downpour, rain will definitely get into the inlet of that snorkel and start to drip down...those drips will amount to a quantity of water. From my experience with a few hydrolocked motors from various friends and acquaintances over the years, it can take less than a shot glass full of water to hydrolock an engine (I've actually seen an engine hydrolocked from a wet filter that got soaked from snow melt dripping onto it overnight, owner had no idea, started the car and boom)....curious to hear your thoughts. Would be interested to know (if you are still running the snorkel)....if you drive through some heavy rain, maybe inspect the bottom of the airbox and see if this concern (pun coming)....holds water. As always, thank you for your work, time, and due diligence providing all this great content.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Awesome video as always. Great looking product as well, seems well made and love that it's reversible without having to cut anything major (like the hood.). IMHO, also looks cleaner than the mopar/aev style. One note, AEV recommended NOT sealing those holes for the average consumer, as they will allow water to drain on it's own, and for most casual wheelers, unless you're going to park/sit/get stuck under water, they pose no risk remaining open. Sealing it only lets the water drain when you open the valve....so my question/concern is, if you're driving at 75mph from say.....carson city to maine lol, through a downpour, rain will definitely get into the inlet of that snorkel and start to drip down...those drips will amount to a quantity of water. From my experience with a few hydrolocked motors from various friends and acquaintances over the years, it can take less than a shot glass full of water to hydrolock an engine (I've actually seen an engine hydrolocked from a wet filter that got soaked from snow melt dripping onto it overnight, owner had no idea, started the car and boom)....curious to hear your thoughts. Would be interested to know (if you are still running the snorkel)....if you drive through some heavy rain, maybe inspect the bottom of the airbox and see if this concern (pun coming)....holds water. As always, thank you for your work, time, and due diligence providing all this great content.
    I'd wonder same and curious as well. I'd probably leave the drain open all the time unless wheeling just for that reason.

Sent via....

Nothing but a Thing
    I'm surprised they have you remove the secondary air inlet. I mean doesn't hurt anything as once u changed that intake to the airbox it was rendered useless anyway. I bet you could have left it like you stated.

Sent via....

Great video as usual

And I didn't order a hoodie but did get a few T-shirts coming, I was surprised to see a bunch of swag that isn't on the Wayalife store...

Fresh Catch
    Once again, you guys make it look so easy. Love your videos, best out there! Keep up the great work and look forward to what else you guys will put out in 2020!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast