Finally Figured Out My Steering Out.

Jimbo

I have been struggling with my steering since putting on my 2.5 inch lift on my 2019 unlimited Rubicon. I ended up putting Cooper 37" SST Pro's. The steering was very flighty at best and if you went over expansion joints it would become a white knuckle ride.
I decided to take this as a step by step approach and try and see what exactly was the weak link. With the help of this forum and the videos I started on the quest of what I expected as good steering.
Step 1 was putting on a Synergy adjustable track bar. This improved the steering quite a bit but there was still a lot of play or dead spot in the steering wheel. At least it was not a white knuckle ride.
Step 2 was the synergy frame and track bar brace. After putting on this brace it made the steering almost normal and reduced the dead spot to almost nothing.I could of just left it at that and I would of been happy but...
For Christmas I got a Synergy drag link and tie rod I put it on along with the Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. This was Step 3 along with alignment. Thanks for the very useful video on how to do the alignment.
This was it, I took the Jeep on a 60 mile road trip on good and bad roads and the steering is rock solid! In my opinion these 3 steps are what is needed to get the steering where it needs to be.
I wanted to take the time to just say thanks to this community for helping me out.

Last edited:
Awesome work! You should do the rear track bar too. I’ve done both now and it really killed a lot of the road noise & harshness. It really seems like the track bar & brace are the secret sauce we’ve all been looking for.

Danny

Can you please share the part numbers you used. Thanks. I think I will try this. My steering is ok but maybe it will improve. I did the steering stabilizer recall. Negligible improvement. Is it the rigidity or deflection of the components that made the difference? Does the front track bar bracket move that much? Harmonics? Reminds me of the Xj or Tj steering brace.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jimbo

I just used the same parts Eddie did in his videos. All synergy steering components. It helped in all aspects.

JTCO

Meme King
I noticed after putting 35s on the JT, a couple little steering changes. Nothing crazy or bad but definitely different. It only has 4k on it though. If things get worse later, I'm definitely going to look into this stuff.