Sport vs Sahara & Rubicon Grill

SRQgunner

I’m wanting to find out if this part will fit into the Sport grill.

IMG_1189.JPG

Is there a difference between a Sport grill and the Sahara / Rubicon grills other than the later has grill this trim insert / headlight trim rings is factory installed?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

SRQgunner

Sport vs Sahara & Rubicon Grill

Call Parts at a Jeep dealer, but I believe they are all the same.

I just found my answer as I came across a YouTube video that showed someone doing a total disassembly of the rubicon grill.

There is a difference in that headlight surrounds for the Sport S are molded into / part of the grill. The rubicon headlight surrounds are separate and thus you have this separate piece that creates the two tone surrounds.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just found my answer as I came across a YouTube video that showed someone doing a total disassembly of the rubicon grill.

There is a difference in that headlight surrounds for the Sport S are molded into / part of the grill. The rubicon headlight surrounds are separate and thus you have this separate piece that creates the two tone surrounds.

Sorry for not chiming in sooner but it sounds to me like you got your answer :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

The grille slots are also different for same reason as you mention for the headlamps. They are completely different grilles and you can’t interchange any parts between them.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app