Alpine Releasing Sexy Looking Products For The Jeep JL Wrangler And Jeep JT Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think I'd be willing to ditch my NAV for that but the soundbar definitely looks sweet.

MrGiant

Glad to see this USB port unit....I dont like the factory cover, I am afraid of breaking it or one of the ports with a stick in.
But overall very nice stuff with factory like look

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Neohiofan

Nice radio with not many other choices but theres a few problems
1. Price
2. Multimedia box to hook up hdmi in
3. Camera selector box to get front/side camera
4. Accessory box to hook up lights, winch, etc

Each one of those boxes were about $150 each on top of an already expensive head unit. MY 9" Factory already does most of what this head unit does. You can get an Ampro2 if you really wan to hook up an amp and tune the head unit which is where it's lacking. The offroad mode on the 9" radio is better than what the alpine unit does. I had the JK version and quickly had buyers remorse. The worst part was the software was buggy and clunky to use. Not to say the stock head unit isn't but for the money you paid it neither should be. I do like the soundbar though. Have to wait and see. Hopefully it comes with bigger speaker sizes.

NFRs2000NYC

In Alpines defense, it’s meant more for those that didn’t want to pay up for the 8.4” unit and/or rather have the alpine for extra functionality. It’s a pretty involved install however. The price will come down on the grey market as these units pile up at retailers. For me personally, as someone that used to compete in car shows building elaborate stereos, I’d still rather have the OEM 8.4”. It just doesn’t offer enough unique features to make it a worthwhile upgrade.

MrGiant

In Alpines defense, it’s meant more for those that didn’t want to pay up for the 8.4” unit and/or rather have the alpine for extra functionality. It’s a pretty involved install however. The price will come down on the grey market as these units pile up at retailers. For me personally, as someone that used to compete in car shows building elaborate stereos, I’d still rather have the OEM 8.4”. It just doesn’t offer enough unique features to make it a worthwhile upgrade.
Yes exactly. Sport owners without the 8.4 might really like this system as an upgrade, why not?
Talking about "looks fine" I have to say as far as aftermarket goes this upgrade fits in optical much better than other entertainment systems

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR