Noisy rear suspension - EVO lift

Sdhobbs

I just recently had a 3.5 EVO Enforcer Stage 3 Plus lift installed with Rancho RS9000XL shocks on my JLUR, drives great but rear suspension makes creaking noises at slow speeds when turning and weight shifts to one side or the other also going over speed bumps. EVO rear trackbar relocation bracket, EVO adjustable rear trackbar, EVO rear upper control arms were installed as part of the lift.
Is the creaking noise normal?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Prior to install, did you add grease to the Johnny Joints just to be safe?

This ^^^^

Also, check your sway bar links. Have someone jump up and down on your Jeep while listening for sounds. Touch components to feel for vibrations. Could be something just needs greasing or needs to be tightened more.

Sdhobbs

This ^^^^

Also, check your sway bar links. Have someone jump up and down on your Jeep while listening for sounds. Touch components to feel for vibrations. Could be something just needs greasing or needs to be tightened more.

I sprayed silicon grease on all the links and joints, and for a few days it got quiet, but after a week noises came back. I had my wife jump up and down on the Jeep and it's hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from but I think it's the rear trackbar.
I need to pick up some sockets and a torque wrench to re-tighten everything. Is 125ft lbs a good torque setting for both ends of the rear trackbar?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sprayed silicon grease on all the links and joints, and for a few days it got quiet, but after a week noises came back. I had my wife jump up and down on the Jeep and it's hard to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from but I think it's the rear trackbar.
I need to pick up some sockets and a torque wrench to re-tighten everything. Is 125ft lbs a good torque setting for both ends of the rear trackbar?

Like I said, you need to touch components and feel for vibrations. That'll help you track down the noise.

125 is what you want.

Sdhobbs

Like I said, you need to touch components and feel for vibrations. That'll help you track down the noise.

125 is what you want.

Thank you I appreciate the help! My wife is a lightweight, I'm gonna have a friend who is more heavy duty jump on the Jeep while feel for vibrations.

Sdhobbs

Noise is coming from track bar relocation bracket. I confirmed the track bar is torqued to 125ft lbs. As the track bar moves it rubs against the track bar relocation bracket and causes the creaking noise. Spraying the spot where the track bar rubs with silicon grease noise goes away, until grease wears out days later.
I’ll have to contact EVO.

IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sdhobbs

I’m happy to report this issue has been resolved! They replaced the rear track bar bracket with a revised version. The way Mel explained it is since they installed adjustable rear control arms to correct the rear pinion angle it rotated the axle just enough to cause the the rear track bar and bracket to rub causing all the noise I’ve been hearing. New bracket has corrected this and all the noise has disappeared! It was driving me nuts! I still can’t believe how much creaking and groaning that one part was causing, but now it’s completely silent. Thanks to Mel and his shop for taking care of me, they are super busy and they made time to address and fix which I am sure is a minor issue to them but wasn’t minor to me, I am a happy customer!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app