Tires and a lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you know, the Mopar 2" kit will yield closer to 3" of lift. I have personally verified as much.

Here's a shot of a JL with 37" BFG AT's and a Mopar 2" lift.

20180206175519-5274eecf-me.jpg

SRQgunner

I’m new to the Jeep world and learning / planning how to build my Sport S. Getting it right from the start.

I’m planning to go with the Mopar lift too and 35” tires.

Being this lift is more like 3” would I need to be concerned about needing new control arms? I’ve read that the higher the lift has a greater effect on the caster or tilt of steering or axle ??? And would this effect other things like drive shaft angle etc?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m new to the Jeep world and learning / planning how to build my Sport S. Getting it right from the start.

I’m planning to go with the Mopar lift too and 35” tires.

Being this lift is more like 3” would I need to be concerned about needing new control arms? I’ve read that the higher the lift has a greater effect on the caster or tilt of steering or axle ??? And would this effect other things like drive shaft angle etc?

You'll be fine with 35's and the Mopar kit comes with new front lower arms. That being said, I might recommend the Rancho Sport lift instead as it's much more affordable and a really nice kit.

aust249

I agree with Eddie. The Rancho lift is easy to install, provides an accurate amount of lift, performs really well on the road and trail, is certified to not interfere with the vehicle stabilization systems, and includes corner specific springs which do not bow out like the Mopar ones have been known to do.

Camelot

I am in the same boat as you. Did my research and ended up buying the Rancho kit. With the 5000 shocks.

Will install myself this week or next.

shekmark

And just to confuse you more...take a look at the 2” Dynatrac lift. I am very happy with it, and there is a nice install video here. I do have a Rubi though so I wonder if it would lift a sport more like the Mopar kit does.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And just to confuse you more...take a look at the 2” Dynatrac lift. I am very happy with it, and there is a nice install video here. I do have a Rubi though so I wonder if it would lift a sport more like the Mopar kit does.

The Dynatrac lift yields 2" of lift, period. If anything, it's more like 1.8" of lift and that's why it works well with factory components. The Mopar kit sits a full inch taller.